Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Catholic Match asks everyone's age and so does every other dating site. Are they impolite?
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Catholic Match asks everyone's age and so does every other dating site. Are they impolite?
--hide--

It also asks people their views on contraception and fornication. Its a dating site. Its going to ask questions that are considered no-gos in normal conversation in the real world.

If you don't beleive, go up to a random number of women of various ages in the Mall, heck even Church, and ask such questions, let's see the results you get.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you....
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you.

--hide--

Yeah,, lots of good advice here. I agree asking a Woman her age is probably not the best route, I would rather make a flirtatious comment and a follow-up comment asking her to get the typical "cup of Coffee" or something like that. biggrin Praying

Apr 14th 2013 new

I think any woman over 30 is reluctant to share that information.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Killing with your bare hands?
Oh. Um. Okay, now I see...
Forget that I spoke. rolling eyes embarassed

Apr 14th 2013 new

How about next time you say, "Thanks very much, but you should know that I only date Catholics. Are you...?" and leave it at that.

Apr 14th 2013 new
Just ask if she would be interested in coffee before work, or desert after. You can figure the age out later. If she is as young as you think, she might just say no because she thinks there is too big of an age difference.
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think any woman over 30 is reluctant to share that information.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think any woman over 30 is reluctant to share that information.

--hide--

Well, I'm okay with it, but in 3 1/2 years, maybe it'll start to not be so fun to answer.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If you want to ask out women you meet out in the world, you have to take your chances. I would...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If you want to ask out women you meet out in the world, you have to take your chances.

I would just say, would you like to get some coffee, and see what she says. If she is willing to go, she doesn't think you are too old.

If she is working she is over 16. It's not a crime to have coffee with someone who is young.

--hide--

Perfect advice. Ask her out. Why all the assumptions that she is not Catholic? She may be a very young-looking 33, a wayward Catholic, a perfect Catholic...who knows? Apparently, she digs you. Go for it! 'You're a charming lady. How's your schedule this week? Would you be interested in meeting for coffee?'

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, fr...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and engaging. I wanted to make a move but was uncertain of her age. She looked to be in her mid-twenties, which is too young for me. I wanted to ask in case she was older than I thought, but I didn't and just left. So, my question is, do I ask her age or do I figure she's probably too young and that my instincts are serving me well? It seems like it comes off as creepy and that makes me think it might be.

Disclaimer: This thread isn't about how young is too young. I know there are some who wouldn't have an issue with a 40yo man dating a woman in her mid-twenties and would try to convince me that I need to expand my age range. It's too young for me and I'll leave it at that. This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you.

--hide--

Dan, start out casually and go to the store more often and see if you can catch her. I have two young men who are twins in my Supermarket (they are young enough to be my sons, so I am not interested in them) Every time I see them I smile and say something. They are extremely personable. Keep going back and like someone stated, ask her for a cup of coffee and then see where it goes from there. She may be older than what you think. If she is interested in you, she will take you up on the coffee and then see if it goes onto something sweet. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Just go for it brother. Little voices inside our heads that ask questions like "is she too young" just psyche us out and they're really just the fear that is inside us making excuses for not putting ourselves out there. If she says no, then at least you'll know. If she does says yes, the two of you go out, have a nice time, and it turns out that she's not Catholic, convert her. Lol.

Posts 21 - 30 of 142