Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Not a good idea. If the relationship does go somewhere you're stuck dealing w...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Not a good idea.

If the relationship does go somewhere you're stuck dealing with the lie, and it may well be illegal even if one is vague about or uses the name of a fictitious agency (i.e., stating that you are a representative of a specific level of government may be sufficient to land you on the wrong side of the law).

--hide--

Jerry, I was totally joking!
Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Jerry, I was totally joking!
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Jerry, I was totally joking!
--hide--

While I suspected as much, that doesn't prevent someone from taking the suggestion seriously.

Apr 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: While I suspected as much, that doesn't prevent someone from taking the suggestion seriously...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

While I suspected as much, that doesn't prevent someone from taking the suggestion seriously.

--hide--

Good point, Jerry. I will try to be serious.
Apr 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Good point, Jerry. I will try to be serious.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Good point, Jerry. I will try to be serious.
--hide--

Hopefully though, we all believe that lying is not right and my idea obviously as you stated, involve a lie.
Apr 18th 2013 new

I once was trying to get a woman to go out with me. The first two times I talked with her she was polite but distant. The third time I talked to her I got into my life story. About 12 years into it she stops and asks me "how old are you?" I replied that I was 37. I then asked her how old she thought I was and she said 23. She then said, "Wow, you just went from boy to man!" (She was a shade younger than me) She also started paying more attention to me...

Had another woman I was wondering if she was old enough. I guessed she was 24. Then in conversation it comes up she was 49!

Your cashier could have been older than she looks. The last two women that I dated (met outside CM) were 3-5 years older than I had guessed. I suggest getting to know her first before getting an age. A lot of times she'll drop a clue or two that gives you an idea her general age (so my high school class is... or I was in college when such and such happened.) You'll also get a feel for her personality as well and make it feel more natural...

Peace,

Matt

Apr 30th 2013 new

[quote]Monica-730858 said:

He will reward you for your patience and refusal to compromise.

I have been wondering myself about this lately. Will God really reward us with a devout spouse when we wait?? Could He be sending us regular people to date and marry? St. Monica's husband was not a Catholic. If it was fine for her to marry one and he ended up converting why do we expect God to only have devout spouses for us?? Are we liable for not loving the regular Catholic people sent are way if they are sent? Just wondering.
Moreso because i broke up with a Catholic man last year for not being Catholic enough.

Apr 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and eng...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and engaging. I wanted to make a move but was uncertain of her age. She looked to be in her mid-twenties, which is too young for me. I wanted to ask in case she was older than I thought, but I didn't and just left. So, my question is, do I ask her age or do I figure she's probably too young and that my instincts are serving me well? It seems like it comes off as creepy and that makes me think it might be.

Disclaimer: This thread isn't about how young is too young. I know there are some who wouldn't have an issue with a 40yo man dating a woman in her mid-twenties and would try to convince me that I need to expand my age range. It's too young for me and I'll leave it at that. This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you.

--hide--
I hope I didn't miss the update-- have you asked her for coffee?
Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I hope I didn't miss the update-- have you asked her for coffee?
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I hope I didn't miss the update-- have you asked her for coffee?
--hide--

I didn't ask her out for coffee. I went back and as it happens she checked me out again, which perhaps was a sign from God b/c when I showed up to the registers there was somebody else there and she soon became busy so she called the young lady up, who I discovered is called Ashley. While she was scanning the items I got a better look and decided she was too young. This time she looked to be in her early twenties and I thought better of asking her out for coffee. Once again, perhaps it was God trying to poke and prod me b/c after she cashed me out, I went to leave and set off the alarm. Well, it turns out she forgot to take a security tag off one of my items, so I had to go back and have her take it off. Well, it allowed for more conversation, but once again, I figured she was too young. So, nothing came of it, but I do thank everyone for their advice and words of wisdom. If a woman is more borderline in age, then I'll ask her for some coffee. *s*

May 1st 2013 new

"Ashley" hmm...I used to photograph newborns about 20 years ago and Ashley was a really popular name for newborn girls back then. She is likely closer to 20 than 30 years old. Look for a "Sarah" or "Amy" or "Rachel"; they were more popular names 30 to 40 years ago, closer to your age.

May 1st 2013 new

Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken???

laughing

Posts 91 - 100 of 142