Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

May 7th 2013 new

Thank you for posting the information. I plan on beginning this journey myself soon. Do you have to declare the details of the reason behind the annulment decision? If so, then I know he will not admit it or agree to proceeding.

May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Hector-770413 said: Canon law's are written by the church authority,which have adapted to new "times'...
(Quote) Hector-770413 said:

Canon law's are written by the church authority,which have adapted to new "times',but the Bible was written by the Holy Spirit inspiration on man,none of this canons appear on The Bible.Today divorced is a reality,because even being a good faithful catholic,does not bring always sucess,Love is fragile,but is the flame that ignites the fire.We will moved forward when we understand this,I know that divorced is very high and The Church want to maintain the flock united(which is good).I don't have a valid reason for a annulment an I'am not going to lie about it,we both still good catholic's,may God forgive me for any wrongdoing.May God bless you.

--hide--

Hello Hector,

God is never happy with breaking up marriages, but also He is never happy with unhealthy marriages. That's why a good preparation for marriage should take a place. It should be also a continuous work from both spouses to make it a successful marriage....

Hector, you didn't provide information about your case, if you don't have a ground for annulment, is reconciliation an option? Praying

Thy Will Be Done

God bless you

Therese
May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: That gives me hope. I am afraid to start the process.
(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: That gives me hope. I am afraid to start the process.
--hide--

Hello Cindy,

God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

I don't know your situation, why are you afraid? hug
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Hello Hector, God is never happy with breaking up marriages, but also He is never happ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Hello Hector,

God is never happy with breaking up marriages, but also He is never happy with unhealthy marriages. That's why a good preparation for marriage should take a place. It should be also a continuous work from both spouses to make it a successful marriage....

Hector, you didn't provide information about your case, if you don't have a ground for annulment, is reconciliation an option?

Thy Will Be Done

God bless you

Therese
--hide--

No reconciliation,we got a daughter (12),for her good we have always remain good friends and we both loved her very much.Is just that there is no ground for an annulment,I understand what you are saying,but is my soul the window to eternal life.

Thank you for your time,God bless you too!

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Deborah-838857 said: Thank you for posting the information. I plan on beginning this journey myself soon. Do you have to declare t...
(Quote) Deborah-838857 said:

Thank you for posting the information. I plan on beginning this journey myself soon. Do you have to declare the details of the reason behind the annulment decision? If so, then I know he will not admit it or agree to proceeding.

--hide--

Hello Deborah,

Once you filed, based on the information provided from you, your spouse and the witnesses, it is in the hand of church to decide what is the ground of annulment. All what your spouse can do, if he disagrees, is to appeal the decision of the tribunal within 10 days, if he didn't appeal it then the process continue. The appeal can cause delay in the process, but it is not this easy that the church change a decision, unless there is additional information that wasn't essentially provided... Each case is different.

May God be your guide in your process theheart

TKC rose

Therese
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Hector-770413 said: No reconciliation,we got a daughter (12),for her good we have always remain good friends and w...
(Quote) Hector-770413 said:

No reconciliation,we got a daughter (12),for her good we have always remain good friends and we both loved her very much.Is just that there is no ground for an annulment,I understand what you are saying,but is my soul the window to eternal life.

Thank you for your time,God bless you too!

--hide--

Sorry for what you are going through. May God give you the strength to move on with your life in the way that pleases Him Praying theheart
May 10th 2013 new

...and until/ IF an annulment is granted...one is civilly divorced...but still married in the eyes of God. That is why someone without an annulment should NOT date, as one runs the risk of falling in like/lust/or love with the other person. Oh, I know, it's OK to develop friendships..I know, I know, I know...but are those dates becoming near occasions of sin? Just think about it.

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: ...and until/ IF an annulment is granted...one is civilly divorced...but still married in the e...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

...and until/ IF an annulment is granted...one is civilly divorced...but still married in the eyes of God. That is why someone without an annulment should NOT date, as one runs the risk of falling in like/lust/or love with the other person. Oh, I know, it's OK to develop friendships..I know, I know, I know...but are those dates becoming near occasions of sin? Just think about it.

--hide--
Sir,what is a annulment,is a do over,your marriage thru the church is cancelled,erase,end,terminated,gone and you get to married again thru the church,start fresh.It is wrong to married (thru the church) if you are divorced,but I don't know about dating.I'am not going any farther since your writing is confusing,for our Sins we will answer to God and only to Him!.

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: ...and until/ IF an annulment is granted...one is civilly divorced...but still married in the e...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

--hide--

Timothy, I would agree with your statement. Waiting to date until after the annulment is granted is what is advised for the reasons you stated. Plus it should give you time to heal from the trauma of divorce, analyze your part in what caused the relationship to fail and get ready to move on as a whole, healthy person.

May 10th 2013 new

I want to make sure I understand this.....I am submitting for an anullment, if granted by the tribunal, my ex-husband can appeal saying that he feels it should have not been granted?

Posts 41 - 50 of 65