Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: My close friend did the annulment process without being able to locate her ex-husband -- the Tribunal works with what they have -- her marriage was declared null -- she had lots of witnesses and had been pregnant when they married and her ex was a known philanderer.
Thank you Rachelle for your input!
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Merilyn-947795 said: My understanding from my deacon is that I would need to go through the full process, based on my initial conversation with him. From what I am reading elsewhere, it would seem that my situation involves a lack of form and is therefore simpler to annul. I am dreading this process, however, I am anticipating the end result to be freeing emotionally and spiritually.
Dear Merilyne,

To the best of my knowledge, the catholic church considers civil marriages as invalid.The tribunal would have to verify the invalidity of that marriage. This process would be an easy and a brief one.

TKC rose

Therese
Jul 31st 2013 new
Good post, but remember to those who are planning or going through an annulment. This is still no guarantee of being able to be remarried, even if you get a positive.

The church can still prohibit you from being remarried for various reasons or have you go through a process of discernment and counseling prior to getting remarried again.

I think people often think, well I've got my annulment, so now I can get married again. No true. The church can and often does place conditions with your annulment for sacramental marriage in the church. Until those conditions are met you may still not be able to get married in the church. It's case dependent and called a VETITUM placed by the court of first instance and confirmed by the second court. You need two positives by the way.

Not to scare anyone............

Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Merilyn-947795 said: If my marriage was civil and not convalidated by the Catholic Church, do I still need to secure an annulment in order to be able to marry in the Catholic Church?
This is exactly my case. I didn't even know I needed an annulment at all. I am asking my Priest for an appoinment
Oct 12th 2013 new
I received my declaration of nullity in February 2010. I began the process as soon as my divorce was finalized in May 2009. It took me, and my witnesses, about a month to complete our documents. Nine months from start to finish is, I'm told, very fast. I had a lot of great prayer support, I guess. Blessings to you all!
Posts 61 - 65 of 65