Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: Welcome, fellow Canuck!I'm in the category myself. I've never given up on the t...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Welcome, fellow Canuck!
I'm in the category myself. I've never given up on the thiought of marriage. I'm not holding my breath till it happens. I am participating in life as fully as I can each day.
Life is a dance...when the music starts playing, I want to be up on the dance floor.

--hide--
Cool John! cool wave

People are so insecure or not socially skilled and sometimes say dumb things. hug hug hug

Apr 15th 2013 new

Another comeback; "No, I am a spinster"....and a barren one at that!

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: Do guys get this kind of attitude too?
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

I can't speak for all Guys..but i can say I've had the comment addressed to me too.. and my Response usually is.. "it's easy to get Married.. it's staying Married that's hard". There is usually little response. eyebrow Praying

AND Welcome to the Forums  biggrin wave

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

You probably have to accept that you may have been too picky; I think I have also been too picky. Maybe you should regard it as a compliment from others when they say that since they can see that there is nothing wrong with you.
I remember one guy telling me that he thought that I was looking at his butt...which to me is pretty offensive since I couldn't stand a gay person looking at me. One time I even reported a gay person that was staring at me in a park to the police.
There are no Christian singles groups where I live for single people never married...we are pretty rare when there is nothing "wrong" with us since we are healthy and still looking for that special "one".

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Men tend to seek out the insecure young women who don't have the ability to take care of thems...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Men tend to seek out the insecure young women who don't have the ability to take care of themselves. Another point that I have noticed is being over 5' 6" is not good for a woman; most men prefer the tiny delicate, petite, women who need someone to hold their purse, ect.

--hide--

You have very interesting opinions about men. It might be better for you to be a little bit more open minded.

Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: You probably have to accept that you may have been too picky; I think I have also been too picky. May...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

You probably have to accept that you may have been too picky; I think I have also been too picky. Maybe you should regard it as a compliment from others when they say that since they can see that there is nothing wrong with you.
I remember one guy telling me that he thought that I was looking at his butt...which to me is pretty offensive since I couldn't stand a gay person looking at me. One time I even reported a gay person that was staring at me in a park to the police.
There are no Christian singles groups where I live for single people never married...we are pretty rare when there is nothing "wrong" with us since we are healthy and still looking for that special "one".

--hide--

That's hilarious!!!! Lol. How could you prove he was gay in the park and staring at you? Did he have a half top shirt and Daisy dukes on? I see guys that could be gay looking at Frank-410833 and I just take it as a compliment not that I condone their gayness and that's even if they're truly a gay man satisfying their homosexual appetite. Maybe they should be like Jim Carrey on " In Living Color " the show he got his start on and be like "Hiiiii, I'm gaaaaay!" " Does it bother that a homosexual is talking to youuuu?" "Because I'm very gaaaaaay!" So unless that happens you never know.
Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) John-960959 said: You have very interesting opinions about men. It might be better for you to be ...
(Quote) John-960959 said:

You have very interesting opinions about men. It might be better for you to be a little bit more open minded.

--hide--

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Apr 15th 2013 new

This is one of those situations where you look down your nose and say, "How exactly is this any of your business?" angel

Or "What's it to ya?!?" irked

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:..There are no Christian singles groups where I live for single people never married...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:..There are no Christian singles groups where I live for single people never married...
--hide--
Any particular reason you would want to restrict participation to never-marrieds?

Apr 15th 2013 new

Welcome back Louise wave

Posts 11 - 20 of 103