Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

04/15/2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Welcome back Louise
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Welcome back Louise

--hide--

When you make it to Heaven you'll be a St. Bernard.
04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: You probably have to accept that you may have been too picky; I think I have also been t...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

You probably have to accept that you may have been too picky; I think I have also been too picky. Maybe you should regard it as a compliment from others when they say that since they can see that there is nothing wrong with you.
I remember one guy telling me that he thought that I was looking at his butt...which to me is pretty offensive since I couldn't stand a gay person looking at me. One time I even reported a gay person that was staring at me in a park to the police.
There are no Christian singles groups where I live for single people never married...we are pretty rare when there is nothing "wrong" with us since we are healthy and still looking for that special "one".

--hide--

I have trouble understanding whether you were staring at the gay man, or whether he was staring at you. That you called the police on an innocent man is for me very troubling. As a Catholic man, you should be more charitable than that....or at the very least live and let live. You owe this man an apology...then again...well

04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Welcome back Louise When you m...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:
Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Welcome back Louise

When you make it to Heaven you'll be a St. Bernard.
--hide--
Okay,but I don't get the context of the statement to the thread or my response boggled

04/15/2013 new
(Quote) Karis-410918 said: I have trouble understanding whether you were staring at the gay man, or whether he was staring at ...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

I have trouble understanding whether you were staring at the gay man, or whether he was staring at you. That you called the police on an innocent man is for me very troubling. As a Catholic man, you should be more charitable than that....or at the very least live and let live. You owe this man an apology...then again...well

--hide--

Yeah it is a tad over the top and presumptuous. I mean if he roller skated on over to him and smacked his bottom then after thoroughly Steven Seagaling him I'd probably call the police.
04/15/2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Okay,but I don't get the context of the statement to the thread or my response

Okay,but I don't get the context of the statement to the thread or my response

--hide--

You're over thinking it. Just breath it in and let the joke work through you.
04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Okay,but I don't get the context of the statement ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:
Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Okay,but I don't get the context of the statement to the thread or my response

You're over thinking it. Just breath it in and let the joke work through you.
--hide--
Okay,no problem.I just thought there was context to the Thread. laughing bulldog laughing

04/15/2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Okay,no problem.I just thought there was context to the Thread.

Okay,no problem.I just thought there was context to the Thread.

--hide--

biggrin
04/15/2013 new

we have a saying in Spanish, roughly translated...it's better to be single than ill accompanied..I like that one and I'm not desperate and answer to a Higher Authority that knows what's best for me.....meanwhile.LIFE IS GOOD!

04/15/2013 new

Pssst. shhh Give the kid a break. He's been waiting all week for an excuse to use that joke. rolling eyes mischievous

04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I have come to the conclusion that most men are afraid of her, because she is just too "perfe...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I have come to the conclusion that most men are afraid of her, because she is just too "perfect", and she won't let them control her. She definitely knows what she wants and will get it (which is why she has been so successful in her career). Men tend to seek out the insecure young women who don't have the ability to take care of themselves.

--hide--

Joan, I agree it's true that some men fear strong, independent women, and seek out those who choose, for any of a number of reasons, to be dependent to a greater or lesser degree. It takes all kinds, and God made them all! There are also men who like strong women but would prefer to complement rather than compete with their partners. Might could be that your sister, perhaps unconsciously, puts a tad too much effort into proving she's the better man - and, from your description, she might well be!

I rather enjoy the company of a woman who takes care of herself with quiet confidence....and consider it quite a compliment when such a woman chooses my company. I'm sure I'm not the only guy like that.

Posts 21 - 30 of 103