Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 16th 2013 new

I could not agree with you more ~ I am single never married 67 years young. I have old fashioned values. I have always said I want quality not quanity ~ yes I am independent ~ but would welcome a gentlemen into my life ~ somebody to share common interests we have develop a friendship and see where it goes. I am not looking for a sugar daddy ~ am a home owner/debt free retired from governmental job. It appears because you have NEVER BEEN MARRIED these men on this site look at you like there is something wrong with you. I have a lot to offer that right person.

What are they looking for ~

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Pssst. Give the kid a break. He's been waiting all week for an excuse to use that joke. <...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Pssst. Give the kid a break. He's been waiting all week for an excuse to use that joke.

--hide--

laughing laughing

Apr 16th 2013 new
True story: We sat down, this gent and I, and finally got around to The Question. Now, we've been conditioned, I believe, to think that being unmarried at a certain age is always an aberration. We know this is not true. For some of us, perhaps. You know who you are. Anyway, he asked me: "You've NEVER been married? Ever? Do you wonder about that?" I am sick of being defensive about this topic. The Holy Ghost moved in and I answered: "You know what I wonder about, John? (Twice-divorced, adult children, "it just didn't work out") I wonder why people can't seem to keep their marriage vows". Well, that took care of that.
Apr 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: MUCH better to be "picky", never married, and not in a marriage you'd like to get out of.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

MUCH better to be "picky", never married, and not in a marriage you'd like to get out of.

Be VERY selective in seeking a good potential as a spouse. Also be very careful in rejecting people. It's easy to reject someone whom later you'd wish you have given that person a chance.

I don't hear "so you're never married" anymore. I have heard "you're smart and not miserable like those who married not so well". However, I am still very alert in seeking a good, faith-filled woman. Sometimes, I notice them -- now it'd time to discern, discern, discern ...

--hide--

My comment, of late has been :

Either I am very lucky or very unlucky. Depends on how one looks at it.

The conversation either contines or not.
Apr 16th 2013 new

Thanks Dave, I like that response....I'll use it on those folks who grill me with the "pity face".

Apr 16th 2013 new

I've been widowed since the age of 24 and get that "I can't believe you've never remarried" comment all too often. I've been told my standards are too high. Yes, nievely, I have dated below my standards over the years. But, God always let me know it wasn't His will for me. I have learned to be upfront and honest beforehand. A co-worker wanted to set me up with her ex brother-in-law beginning of the school year. I found out he wasn't annulled so I chose not to date him. As the song goes, "You have to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. You have to be your own man, not a puppet on a string." note note

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

Don't let the liberal secularist Canadians get you down. They seems to think two guys "marrying" each other is actually a marriage so what do they know? Concentrate on living your live in accordance with the church. Yes, unfortunately when single women get into their 40's, it is sometimes hard to find another never been married guy because he may seek a younger woman in an attempt to still have a biological child.

So, are you being "too picky"? Would you consider dating a man who has children or a man who has had his marriage annulled in the church? If not, consider that, but never feel you have to compromise your catholic morals and values in order to find a husband.

Apr 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I...

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

You are beautiful....just like the rest of the people from Canada
Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...

--hide--

I understand how you feel. You know, in parties too - I think most of the time , I'm the only who "didn't a bring a husband along" and even if the friendships came before the husbands, I now feel just a little...just a little bit like an outsider...but I know I shouldn't. They never made me feel that way, I've also become good friends with their husbands but yeah, I feel like I have more in common now with the "younger" unmarried folks because our lives a bit more similar as oppose to my married friends.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: You are beautiful....just like the rest of the people from Canada
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

You are beautiful....just like the rest of the people from Canada
--hide--

well thank you, I resemble that remark!

Posts 41 - 50 of 103