Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 17th 2013 new

OUCH.
highfive

Apr 17th 2013 new
That's great. Better than "Nothin wrong with me, what's the matter with you?"....much better answer.
Apr 17th 2013 new
Brilliant. Would you write that in Spanish, please? I am not fluent in that language. I'm a sizzling spinster, Kathleen
Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

Sometimes torture myself with this question. I know I am 27, but I am starting to think it won't happen.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: Thanks for the feedback. I too lead a full life with a challenging job but I still feel like I&#...

Thanks for the feedback. I too lead a full life with a challenging job but I still feel like I'm missing something very important; marriage. I've always felt called to it and even though I feel frustrated, I've never given up hope....for some reason, I just can't stop hoping and praying. I guess I just don't want to feel like people who don't understand are judging me. Anyone have some good comeback comments that won't sound defensive?

--hide--

I would say, "I am trusting in Jesus and HE isn't finished with me yet!" biggrin theheart

Apr 17th 2013 new

[quote]Veronica-56352 said:

I would say, "I am trusting in Jesus and HE isn't finished with me yet!"

I guess were all a "work in progress". I do feel better to know that I'm not alone in the way that I feel. All I can do is offer up the suffering that I sometimes feel and think of all of you wonderful people who are in the same boat. I'll be keeping everyone in my prayers!

Apr 17th 2013 new

Oh my! Waaaay too many things to comment on here. I work w/ the public as well as a few primadonna's. I only deflate ego's when it's appropriate(did I really just type that?). If someone looks at me lustfully- I probably missed it, or if it is so blatantly obvious I probably publicly humiliated them....seriously? Sorry...Guess I don't get some of this because...Oh well...I really dunno the answer...I DO know I have high standards....Oh yeah...did I miss something about 'never been married'....he/she didn't say she was limiting herself to that did she....am I missing something?.....

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Be VERY selective in seeking a good potential as a spouse. Also be very careful in rejecting ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Be VERY selective in seeking a good potential as a spouse. Also be very careful in rejecting

Well said Bob. That's why my profile is written the way it is. It's not for the thin-skinned or the harsh comment police. If someone thinks I'm harsh then to the curb with them. Lol.

--hide--

This is my disclaimer........I am not a cougar- but I'm now going to browse your profile Frank...let me assure you I will not be looking lustfully at any of your pics...I just want to see what you've written since you seem so proud of it

Apr 17th 2013 new

Go Jennifer Go. Frank IS a man. Like Collin Raye, in "Not So Different", says..

I laugh, I love, I hope, I try

l hurt, I need, I fear, I cry

And I know you do the same things too

So we're really not that dfferent, me and you

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

Hi Louise et alia,

Do guys get the treatment you get? Not in my case, no. Do other guys get the same treatment? I don't know. That's an interesting question.

James ☺

Posts 51 - 60 of 103