Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 18th 2013 new

If your sister has your attitude towards men, she is better off unmarried.

Apr 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

I am prayingq, hoping and wishing to meet my future Princess on this website very soon.../:). m.youtube.com
Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: I am prayingq, hoping and wishing to meet my future Princess on this website very soon.../:). http...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

I am prayingq, hoping and wishing to meet my future Princess on this website very soon.../:). m.youtube.com
--hide--

Michael Buble :-) nice choice.

Apr 18th 2013 new
Louise, Ask the man "Are you jealous?" and continue on with what you are doing.

Frank, thanks for making my day, too funny!!!

Jim, I hope you find your princess...

I was brought up to be able to take care of myself and be independent. I would like to meet someone someday. I ask that the person practice their faith that's why I joined CM. I have met a couple of nice gentlemen, just not my type. Maybe, I'm being to picky, but I would like to meet someone to share my life with it gets awful lonely being the odd one out.
Apr 19th 2013 new

John I actually understand where Joan is coming from because I sometimes wonder if I am good enough for a beautiful successful woman. I am since learning otherwise.

(Quote) John-960959 said: You have very interesting opinions about men. It might be better for you to be a...
(Quote) John-960959 said:

You have very interesting opinions about men. It might be better for you to be a little bit more open minded.

--hide--

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I...

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--

m.youtube.com
Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) James-413805 said: I have also never been married but have not picked many of these types of comments, but if someon...
(Quote) James-413805 said:

I have also never been married but have not picked many of these types of comments, but if someone says that I am too picky I usually agree. The truth is that it is very difficult to find someone that is a practicing Catholic that is also compatible and local.

--hide--

In Owasso, I would suppose so!

I'm sorry, and I was, of course, kidding, but as one who spent time (i.e. lived) in both Norman and Mustang, yes, Mustang, OK, where God sent to me my first wife, I felt somewhat, but perhaps, inappropriately, entitled. wink

In any event, trust in the Trustworthy and keep open both your your eyes and your heart.

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Nick-314192 said: God's timing, I will work on happiness within in the meantime.
(Quote) Nick-314192 said:

God's timing, I will work on happiness within in the meantime.

--hide--
Agreed....best way to live 👍👍
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past...

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past...

--hide--

Okay, I'm sure I've answered this type of question in the past wink...

I have a large number of siblings (we are, after all, Catholic), one of whom, an incredibly beautiful sister, has never(!) been married. None of us has ever understood how the most attractive of a very attractive family could never have been married, and yet she is the only one among us who has not.

The answer, thus far, is that God has provided to her a different path, of which she is entirely and completely accepting, one that has included taking care of our mother during her final years, months, and days, and now includes attending to our aged father as he, too, approaches his final days here on Earth, all-the-while accepting her position (lot?) in life with an exceptional grace to which I can only aspire.

She, too, has clearly learned to not worry about tomorrow, nor concern herself about the difficulties of yesterday as she merely works with what God has placed before her today.

Personally, I very much admire a person who simply accepts what the Lord serves and so wish I could be even slightly as trusting.

Apr 20th 2013 new

gday all( hello in australian) i am a middle eastern / aussie man i am 48 never married & no kids. i hav been searching for true luv /marriage.but the worst lies women & all women say is ITS WHAT IS ON THE INSIDE THAT MATTERS.NOT WHATS THE OUTSIDE.meaning they find me a very funny repectful lovely man while we talk on the fone. but when we meet in sydney australia.....WELLLLLLLLLLL WHAT LIES THESE WOMEN SAY ABOUT WATS ON IN THE INSIDE NOT THE OUTSIDE...HAHAHA...i tell them the truth i am 48 ugly short (5.1) own business man as a tradesman im a handyman a cab driver so im nnot shy of hard work.i volunteer at the kids hospital & the animal shelter in sydney.i am a funny happy generous man.but wen they see me & most times they meet for lunch or dinner & they never have money.well ladies why dont u women say im looking for a handsome tall man .instead of the lies about wats the inside not the outside

Posts 61 - 70 of 103