Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 11th 2013 new

Louise, when I was your age I encountered the problem of meeting straight men who were free to marry in the Catholic Church. Talk about an endangered species! If you want strange looks and double-takes, be my age and tell folks that no, you don't have children or grandchildren, you never married. My one small consolation: I have never suffered the pain of a divorce, as did many of my friends. I would rather regret not being married than regret being married (fewer get hurt), so hang on to your principles and spiritual goals, and trust that God will provide what is right for you. Try not to think of yourself as rejected, but rather as selective, a woman of wisdom. heart wave

May 13th 2013 new

Jennifer, I LOVE your response to THE QUESTION! Torrid affairs.......GREAT! A sense of humor is a very valuable tool. laughing



May 18th 2013 new
Here are my thoughts.

What is the real answer to this question? (the cultural response?)
1. some man did love you ? you rejected him. (picky ?)
2. you did love a man ? he rejected you or never knew. (rejected ?)
3. no man loved you ? (pitied ?)
4. you loved no man ? (snob ?)
5. you love everyone ? (friendship ?)
6. you are not free to commit ? (sacrificial ?)
?

In general, I think its natural for people to want to ask you about what you love, and being single leaves them wondering what to ask about. Some people don't ask appropriately by asking that question.

I think if you tell them about what you love - that will give them what they want to know.

May 18th 2013 new
Trying to edit a Quote on my Android tablet is impossible, but...
1 - Picky if a man fell in-love w/ a woman - better picky before accepting his invitation to an Altar Date.
More likely problem is we tend to reject someone before we get to know who they are...because we don't communicate.

2 - Gotta feeling many people loved by someone else never know, then time passes, and eventually what might have started never does.
May 18th 2013 new
angel There is a song sung by Garth Brooks entitled "Unanswered Prayers". My response to this question is ---"Yes I do wish that I had crossed paths and perhaps tripped over "Mr. Right" but have you ever listened to the lyrics of the Garth Brooks song entitled "Unanswered Prayers"!

May 18th 2013 new
angel There is a song sung by Garth Brooks entitled "Unanswered Prayers". My response to this question is ---"Yes I do wish that I had crossed paths and perhaps tripped over "Mr. Right" but have you ever listened to the lyrics of the Garth Brooks song entitled "Unanswered Prayers"!

May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Jean-968214 said: Louise, when I was your age I encountered the problem of meeting straight men who were free to marry in the Catholic Church. Talk about an endangered species! If you want strange looks and double-takes, be my age and tell folks that no, you don't have children or grandchildren, you never married. My one small consolation: I have never suffered the pain of a divorce, as did many of my friends. I would rather regret not being married than regret being married (fewer get hurt), so hang on to your principles and spiritual goals, and trust that God will provide what is right for you. Try not to think of yourself as rejected, but rather as selective, a woman of wisdom.
Jean, how long did it take you to get this wise? Wish someone could bottle and pour that wisdom into the head of my 50 year old daughter...never married and no kids! She's the eldest of my seven kids and thinks she's failed ME, for goodness sake! She has even apologized to me for her status. I asked her if she feels that pressure from me and she answers, "absolutely not", but she views her status as a failure and it bothers her very much! She is an educated and remarkably gifted, well-traveled woman with many friends and is the kind of aunt every kid should have. Think I'll pass on your "not rejected but rather selective" comment, if you don't mind! smile
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Sheila-953093 said: Jean, how long did it take you to get this wise? Wish someone could bottle and pour that wisdom into the head of my 50 year old daughter...never married and no kids! She's the eldest of my seven kids and thinks she's failed ME, for goodness sake! She has even apologized to me for her status. I asked her if she feels that pressure from me and she answers, "absolutely not", but she views her status as a failure and it bothers her very much! She is an educated and remarkably gifted, well-traveled woman with many friends and is the kind of aunt every kid should have. Think I'll pass on your "not rejected but rather selective" comment, if you don't mind!
I think there are pros and cons to both - there are sayings on both sides "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all....", "to each his/her own", etc. Being married and divorced has enabled me to grow and learn not only more about myself from the divorce and my annulment but also learn a TON about other people I don't think I would've if I hadn't been through that experience. I feel an annulment is a healthy process and would benefit everyone even if it was just after a long term relationship! We are all given a deck of cards and it's what we do with them that matters - how we learn not to repeat mistakes, how to learn to play (nicely) with others, etc. not whether or not we have always played alone or played as a team. But - people fail to realize different choices aren't good or bad, just different.
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Susie-890857 said: I think there are pros and cons to both - there are sayings on both sides "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all....", "to each his/her own", etc. Being married and divorced has enabled me to grow and learn not only more about myself from the divorce and my annulment but also learn a TON about other people I don't think I would've if I hadn't been through that experience. I feel an annulment is a healthy process and would benefit everyone even if it was just after a long term relationship! We are all given a deck of cards and it's what we do with them that matters - how we learn not to repeat mistakes, how to learn to play (nicely) with others, etc. not whether or not we have always played alone or played as a team. But - people fail to realize different choices aren't good or bad, just different.
I think being never married I have learned more about different personalities and other people than I would have if I were married.
Even though some teenagers might have more experience with women sexually than me, I have experienced women differently than if I was married to one.
Girl friends and long term relationships have a different meaning to some folks than it does to me; they don't mean living with someone or having sex. Getting married and knowing it is not valid since it may not be for life.. IS a BAD choice.
I have got to know maybe 10 women pretty well within the last 20 years...doing some things together athletically, dining out, and talking about family and habits and have a good idea of their sexual desires. Some are still single and some are married. You might wonder why I am not married...I also wonder why and am working on not being such a perfectionist and expecting my woman to have something more.
May 25th 2013 new
Does anyone remember the cartoon the had a drawing of some people at a party and one man says to the other, "you're such a nice guy, why aren't you single yet?" Below the cartoon it read, "what if single people did to married people what married people do to single people?" My response to some people who find out that I've been divorced a few decades and haven't remarried has usually been, " I don't know...... Guess I've been too busy with life to notice I needed one. I have lawn and snow removal service. I can fix most things myself, and there's the mechanic and handyman..." That seems to surprise most people enough to change the subject.
Posts 81 - 90 of 103