Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 21st 2013 new

What happened at the Council and the years immediately thereafter constituted the deregulation of the Church - in other words, the "razing of the bastions" in the words of Balthasar. Once the Church was deregulated, similar to the Big Bang in the City of London with respect to the financial world, the gates of hell were opened (or opened wider than before) and the whole edifice of the Church was exposed to attack. Just look at the proliferation of cults in the Church from the 1960s onward.

Jun 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: What happened at the Council and the years immediately thereafter constituted the deregulation of the Church - in other words, the "razing of the bastions" in the words of Balthasar. Once the Church was deregulated, similar to the Big Bang in the City of London with respect to the financial world, the gates of hell were opened (or opened wider than before) and the whole edifice of the Church was exposed to attack. Just look at the proliferation of cults in the Church from the 1960s onward.
Well, it's hit the big time now because Michael Voris has taken this up.

www.churchmilitant.tv

Jun 3rd 2013 new
Now that we know that ambiguity was intentionally added, let's clear them up.

Let's follow Bishop Athanasius Schneider's call for a new Vatican II Syllabus of Errors to clear up the mess. It would certainly clear up a lot of messes even here in the CM forums.

www.catholicherald.co.uk.

Jun 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: Now that we know that ambiguity was intentionally added, let's clear them up.

Let's follow Bishop Athanasius Schneider's call for a new Vatican II Syllabus of Errors to clear up the mess. It would certainly clear up a lot of messes even here in the CM forums.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2011/01/21/the-call-for-a-new-syllabus-of-errors-def...

good idea!
Jun 4th 2013 new
+JMJ+

Anybody know if the Vatican theologian, Monsignor Bruno Gerhardini's work has been translated into English yet? From what I gather, because of the pastoral nature of the Council it is possible they will officially admit there were errors - that protection by the Holy Ghost does not extend to the entire Council.
Jun 4th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

Anybody know if the Vatican theologian, Monsignor Bruno Gerhardini's work has been translated into English yet? From what I gather, because of the pastoral nature of the Council it is possible they will officially admit there were errors - that protection by the Holy Ghost does not extend to the entire Council.
That might go a long way to finally settle some of the issues that divide the SSPX from the Church in a real sense.

A work of review and clarification would help in many ways.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ The premeditated ambiguities were errors in and of themselves, a product of what Our Blessed Mother described as a diabolical disorientation. It took 40 years before it was admitted that the Traditional Latin Mass was never abrogated. In time these errors will be admitted as well ... the sooner the better.
Joseph,

I love the TLM, but what you state is very sloppy and a bit sensationalistic. It did not take 40 years and secondly, it was not necessary to admit the TLM's abrogation even if were 40 years, because MOST KNEW it wasn't abrogated at all. It is largely those that were being suppressed because of their disobedience and were following schismatics that THEY felt it necessarily to sensationalize and thus mislead due to their own thick headedness. BTW, I can resemble that remark, but not in this case.

What you say just doesn't hold water. Here is an example: the archbishop in my Archdiocese in 1986, specifically granted us an indult for the TLM in Portland (who was no other than now Cardinal Levada, later Prefect, now Emeritus, of the Congregation of the Faith). So why would such implicit action be construed as a lack of admission of TLM's validity? There were also hundreds of such confirmations by other bishops throughout the world.

And secondly, to what occurrence do you attribute as the source or link as to what you report Our Blessed Mother said?
Jun 5th 2013 new
sorry... Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith...
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said:

I love the TLM, but what you state is very sloppy and a bit sensationalistic. It did not take 40 years and secondly, it was not necessary to admit the TLM's abrogation
correction: I meant non-abrogation
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: What you say just doesn't hold water. Here is an example: the archbishop in my Archdiocese in 1986, specifically granted us an indult for the TLM in Portland
To further support this, there was an indult for the TLM in Wilmington, DE as early as 1973, and perhaps even before that (it was already in place when I started attending, but I don't know how long before).
Posts 11 - 20 of 44