Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Nah. This is about gun control and turni...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Nah. This is about gun control and turning whatever other screws can be turned on the American people.

I have a hard time seeing this being about gun control. The (extremist) folks angry about gun control would probably cheerfully blow up a government target, but I don't see them hitting a bunch of athletes. If for the sake of argument we wanted to call this a "false flag" operation by the government (and I don't for one second think that it is), a gun control motive would really need to involve shooting up people with guns, not blowing them up with a bomb.

--hide--

Hi John et alia,

Your line of reasoning seems to me to be sound. As to who is responsible, maybe they're far-right crazies. Maybe they're Muslim crazies. Or maybe they're just plain crazy. I'd include far-left crazies for the sake of parity, but honestly, the last time the far left crazies did anything this mean was 35 to 40 years ago. We shall see what happens.

Jim ☺

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: If for the sake of argument we wanted to call this a "false flag" operation by the gover...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

If for the sake of argument we wanted to call this a "false flag" operation by the government (and I don't for one second think that it is), a gun control motive would really need to involve shooting up people with guns, not blowing them up with a bomb.

--hide--

Not necessarily. All they need is a way to establish a link (valid or not) to those opposing gun control.

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) John-336509 said: If for the sake of argument we wanted to call thi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
John-336509 said:

If for the sake of argument we wanted to call this a "false flag" operation by the government (and I don't for one second think that it is), a gun control motive would really need to involve shooting up people with guns, not blowing them up with a bomb.

Not necessarily. All they need is a way to establish a link (valid or not) to those opposing gun control.

--hide--

Hi Jerry et alia,

Jerry, the only person to draw the kind of link you described is Lawrence O"Donnell, and his link was tenuous indeed. O'Donnell claimed on his show a couple of nights ago that the government can't even force powder manufacturers to put trace chemicals in powder in order to determine who used or sold it.

I think Johns points are valid here.

Jim ☺

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Jerry et alia,Jerry, the only person to draw the kind of link you described is ...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Jerry et alia,

Jerry, the only person to draw the kind of link you described is Lawrence O"Donnell, and his link was tenuous indeed. O'Donnell claimed on his show a couple of nights ago that the government can't even force powder manufacturers to put trace chemicals in powder in order to determine who used or sold it.

I think Johns points are valid here.

Jim ☺

--hide--

I just woke up to learn that one of the suspects is dead and they are looking for the other. Turns out they are from near Chechnya, and if you look at the social page of one of them, he's Muslim.

www.washingtonpost.com

The one suspect ID'ed is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and the other is his brother. They were in the US only about a year.

www.zerohedge.com

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Not necessarily. All they need is a way to establish a link (valid or not) to those oppos...

--hide--

Agree with you, Jerry. That's the first thing I thought, that the Boston Marathon Bombings will somehow be used in support of stricter firearms control.

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I just woke up to learn that one of the suspects is dead and they are looking for the o...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I just woke up to learn that one of the suspects is dead and they are looking for the other. Turns out they are from near Chechnya, and if you look at the social page of one of them, he's Muslim.

www.washingtonpost.com

The one suspect ID'ed is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and the other is his brother. They were in the US only about a year.

www.zerohedge.com

--hide--

This is getting more and more scary. It is like a wild west shoot out.

04/19/2013 new
Not really. In the Wild West the menfolk would have formed a posse, guarded the exits, the hunted the criminal down to deliver to the Marshall and the courts.

Instead, you have a city on lockdown while the experts search for a terrorist who might well have cleared town already.

Boston is a window into the difference between the Republic our Founders wanted and the soft-dictatorship we've become.
04/19/2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Not necessarily. All they need is a way to establish a link (valid or not) to those opposing gun...

--hide--

...and as security tightens in our country, we lose more of our freedoms. It isn't just about gun control, it is about setting precedents for more restrictions in the name of safety.
04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: ...and as security tightens in our country, we lose more of our freedoms. It isn't just about ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

...and as security tightens in our country, we lose more of our freedoms. It isn't just about gun control, it is about setting precedents for more restrictions in the name of safety.
--hide--

Look at what got taken out of the file folder when this happened:

www.lautenberg.senate.gov

They want to limit gunpowder. No more reloading bullets you can't get at stores, you terrorists!

04/20/2013 new
Maybe we will have pressure cooker control now.
Posts 11 - 20 of 35