Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: If the dime store necklace makes you happy...why would you exchange it for anything at all? <...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

If the dime store necklace makes you happy...why would you exchange it for anything at all?

--hide--

Only someone who has not ever had a chance to see and feel the difference in a real string of pearls would say that. God's plan ( his pearls) for us is always SOOOOO much better than what we think we want or what we think makes us happy.

Fr. Carey Landry got it so right in the lyric of his song Only a Shadow

The dreams I have today my Lord
are only a shadow of your dreams for me
Only a shadow of your dreams for me
if I but follow you.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Only someone who has not ever had a chance to see and feel the difference in a real string of pearls wou...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Only someone who has not ever had a chance to see and feel the difference in a real string of pearls would say that. God's plan ( his pearls) for us is always SOOOOO much better than what we think we want or what we think makes us happy.
--hide--

You are a kind and well-intentioned person. The story was sweet - but I understand what Marge is saying. No matter what the cost or quality of the pearls were to begin with, or to the rest of the world, we feel as if we had Tiffany's in our hands. We believe it is more about what one chooses to do with the jewels one is given, how they are polished, made bright by fire to appreciate how lovely they were, and we hope to find such precious jewels again.

Apr 16th 2013 new

Beautiful story! God wants us to abandon ourselves in God's care. He will never let us down. theheart

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: You are a kind and well-intentioned person. The story was sweet - but I understand ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

You are a kind and well-intentioned person. The story was sweet - but I understand what Marge is saying. No matter what the cost or quality of the pearls were to begin with, or to the rest of the world, we feel as if we had Tiffany's in our hands. We believe it is more about what one chooses to do with the jewels one is given, how they are polished, made bright by fire to appreciate how lovely they were, and we hope to find such precious jewels again.

--hide--

Beverly thank for showing me that what I said could have been was probably misinterpreted by some. I did not mean to imply that the cost of the pearl or the desription of the pearl wouldn't be different for everyone. I was only saying that we should not allow ourselves to settle for anything less than these precious jewels that you speak of. I did not mean to imply that anyone had not had God's pearls for them in their hands. I would have no way of judging or even knowing that. I am far from a God soothersayer. I think was I was trying to say is that we should never settle for someone or something that does not feel like that precious jewel that God intends for us to have. You know exactly what I mean as your post speaks to exactly that kind of jewel. You described it perfectly. But once again thank you for the kind words and for helping me phrase what I was saying better. You're a top one in my book. hug

Apr 16th 2013 new

Understood completely. No offense taken. Just pointing out that some of us had the rough diamond and it was good.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Understood completely. No offense taken. Just pointing out that some of us had the rough diamon...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Understood completely. No offense taken. Just pointing out that some of us had the rough diamond and it was good.

--hide--

That's my point. To other's it may have seemed rough but it was YOUR diamond and you got a jewel. In other words, no matter what anyone thought, you got YOUR string of real pearls. That is what all of us need. hug

Apr 16th 2013 new
I love the story. I interpret it that God wants to see if we are willing to give up our will and trust in Him and he will bless us beyond description. "Thy Will be done, not Thy Will be changed."

Any way we interpret the story, it is beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing it!
Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I love the story. I interpret it that God wants to see if we are willing to give up our will and trust in ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I love the story. I interpret it that God wants to see if we are willing to give up our will and trust in Him and he will bless us beyond description. "Thy Will be done, not Thy Will be changed."

Any way we interpret the story, it is beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing it!
--hide--

Exactly. clap

Apr 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That's my point. To other's it may have seemed rough but it was YOUR diamond and you go...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

That's my point. To other's it may have seemed rough but it was YOUR diamond and you got a jewel. In other words, no matter what anyone thought, you got YOUR string of real pearls. That is what all of us need.

--hide--

Yes, Shara. So true. We don't know what other blessings are coming. We may think we have it all or at least have our dreams all figured out and God has even better ones for us.
Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That's my point. To other's it may have seemed rough but it was YOUR diamond and you got a jewel...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That's my point. To other's it may have seemed rough but it was YOUR diamond and you got a jewel. In other words, no matter what anyone thought, you got YOUR string of real pearls. That is what all of us need.
--hide--

I'll buy that.

Posts 11 - 20 of 43