Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 17 new
Shara, this is a great thread and so uplifting. Thank you again!!
Apr 17 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Shara, this is a great thread and so uplifting. Thank you again!!
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Shara, this is a great thread and so uplifting. Thank you again!!
--hide--

Meg it is I who should be doing the thanks. It is amazing how God blesses His Church with such varied gifts. However, each of them are so beautiful in their own right. I have learnt so much from everyone's insight on the story. It so important and uplighting when we are open to learning from each other and sharing.

Apr 17 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: If the dime store necklace makes you happy...why would you exchange it for anything at all?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

If the dime store necklace makes you happy...why would you exchange it for anything at all?

--hide--

Agreed. S/he who is content with little, possesses everything. And that's a gift from God you can bank on.
Apr 17 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: You are so right. Sometimes the most beautiful truths about God are so simple. We are th...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

You are so right. Sometimes the most beautiful truths about God are so simple. We are the ones who complicate things.

--hide--

Lovely story! heart Precious reminder of how amazing God's gifts are to us - we only need to see and accept them. hug Sometimes easier said than done - we humans tend to over-think on occasion. rolling eyes embarassed wink

Thanks for posting it!

Apr 19 new

(Quote) Kristin-704196 said: Agreed. S/he who is content with little, possesses everything. And that's a gift from God ...
(Quote) Kristin-704196 said:

Agreed. S/he who is content with little, possesses everything. And that's a gift from God you can bank on.
--hide--

Kristen I do agree with that statement but to an extent. God does not want us to settle for someone as a spouse. That does mean perfection or or beauty, financially well off as defined by the secular world, it means someone that you can get to heaven with who you discern appropriately with the focus of finding out if this is God's will for you. Marriage is so important and is for life. We should take that step with caution and much prayer and discernment. Trust God to give you the pearl that is needed for your santification.

Apr 19 new
Yes, who we marry could well affect our salvation.
Apr 19 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Kristen I do agree with that statement but to an extent. God does not want us to settle ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Kristen I do agree with that statement but to an extent. God does not want us to settle for someone as a spouse. That does mean perfection or or beauty, financially well off as defined by the secular world, it means someone that you can get to heaven with who you discern appropriately with the focus of finding out if this is God's will for you. Marriage is so important and is for life. We should take that step with caution and much prayer and discernment. Trust God to give you the pearl that is needed for your santification.

--hide--

Apologies for all the typos in that and yes I agree Meg. Just like a religious or priestly vocation is taken seriously we should also take our marriage vocation with as much intention.

Apr 19 new

Beautiful story!

Apr 19 new

Amen to that...funny that's the very thought I fell asleep to last night!

Apr 19 new

Hi Ladies,

just wondering if anyone out there can relate to FEELING old and tired? I see people much older than me who seem to have a ZEST for life, that I don't really have right now. Maybe it's partly due to my 18 year old graduating and leaving for college soon, 18 years of raising her alone, no vacations in a very long time? I have a chance to finish law school but I keep hearing tapes in my head that say, "You're too old to do that." I'm a bit isolated where I live, so I hope it's okay I threw this topic into this thread :)

Posts 31 - 40 of 43