Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Laurie-706894 said: Hi Ladies,just wondering if anyone out there can relate to FEELING old and tired? I see people much o...
(Quote) Laurie-706894 said:

Hi Ladies,

just wondering if anyone out there can relate to FEELING old and tired? I see people much older than me who seem to have a ZEST for life, that I don't really have right now. Maybe it's partly due to my 18 year old graduating and leaving for college soon, 18 years of raising her alone, no vacations in a very long time? I have a chance to finish law school but I keep hearing tapes in my head that say, "You're too old to do that." I'm a bit isolated where I live, so I hope it's okay I threw this topic into this thread :)

--hide--

I'm sorry, Laurie and I will say some prayers for you. Maybe there are some things you could that you are or used to be passionate about...and, to tie this into this thread, the more we are, the more we have to give to a future spouse!
Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurie-706894 said: Hi Ladies,just wondering if anyone out there can relate to FEELING old and tired? I see ...
(Quote) Laurie-706894 said:

Hi Ladies,

just wondering if anyone out there can relate to FEELING old and tired? I see people much older than me who seem to have a ZEST for life, that I don't really have right now. Maybe it's partly due to my 18 year old graduating and leaving for college soon, 18 years of raising her alone, no vacations in a very long time? I have a chance to finish law school but I keep hearing tapes in my head that say, "You're too old to do that." I'm a bit isolated where I live, so I hope it's okay I threw this topic into this thread :)

--hide--

HI Laurie,

First Big Big HUGS!!! And, second, you are not the only one who can feel old and tired lol. Some days are just plain weary. YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD!!! You get yourself down to the university and fill out those papers. I say this because I am 48 and finishing my final year hopefully of grad school. If all goes well and God willing I will be getting hooded next year. Now I am looking at a post doc or a job, either way. Its been eleven long years but I did it and you can too. In fact, that might be exactly what you need to recapture some of that zest, engaging your mind in intellecutal pursuits and changing it up. So I say go enroll and get started. :-)) And, those days when it seems overwhelming and you're tired come here and tell us and we will pray for you and with you and give you pep talks and celebrate this new path with you!!! You can do it!! Lauren

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Or maybe one from out of a car trunk on Chicago's South side. Or maybe one from Aldis. I haven't r...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Or maybe one from out of a car trunk on Chicago's South side. Or maybe one from Aldis. I haven't really decided.
--hide--

laughing laughing loved the Aldi's pearl
Posts 41 - 43 of 43