Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Depends on what your idea of good behavior and sense of humor are. And a lot of us already know ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Depends on what your idea of good behavior and sense of humor are. And a lot of us already know your view on the humor part is.
--hide--

Yes, Frank -- I don't think put-downs, one-up-manship, nasty sarcasms are funny. If you can come up with some humorous things to say that aren't derogatory, I'll laugh. There is a lot of humor and fun on here, and I enjoy it and even post it myself. But not the kind you enjoy. I'm one that is comfortable building others up and causing happy laughter rather than poking fun and enjoying myself at another's expense.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: (Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Frankly, the idea of a glass slipper sounds ho...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Quote:
Naomi-698107 said:

Frankly, the idea of a glass slipper sounds horribly uncomfortable, not to mention a serious laceration hazard.

Naomi you crack me up :-). . .that's why we should opt for acrylic plexiglass :-)))

--hide--

With a Dr. Scholl's insert for comfort

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I think intertwining secular views on marriage vs. Catholic views can lead one down the wrong pa...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

I think intertwining secular views on marriage vs. Catholic views can lead one down the wrong path. It's disconcerting to read you're interested in reading something secular.
--hide--

Frank, would you include in your statement material that is Christian but not Catholic? Did I misunderstand your use of the word secular?

There are many Christian writers/therapists/counselors who provide a Biblical viewpoint on relationships (H. Norman Wright, Gary Smalley, Gary Chapman, Chuck Swindoll--and so many others).

And there are some forms of advice floating around that, while not particularly ascribing to a Catholic/Christian viewpoint, that can offer tidbits of wisdom. Surely, we need to carefully discern what we read or hear before we incorporate it into our thinking.

I don't think that as mature adults we need to confine ourselves to only Catholic authors, etc. Since joining this site, I have appreciated getting recommendations of all the help available from Catholic sources in regard to the Church's teachings on chastity, etc. but I know there's a wealth of information available from reliable Christian (non-Catholic) sources as well.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/books/my-foot-too-big-glass-slipper-gabby-reece-unriddles-marriage-1C9310691

She is promoting her new book "My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life."

I am looking forward to reading this!

--hide--

I thought if your foot was too big for the glass slipper it meant that you were one of Cinderella's ugly stepsisters.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: With a Dr. Scholl's insert for comfort
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

With a Dr. Scholl's insert for comfort

--hide--

This made me giggle Jerry. And, then think yes and nice warm foot soak and massage for the tootsies at the end of the day LOL

Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/...

Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/books/my-foot-too-big-glass-slipper-gabby-reece-unriddles-marriage-1C9310691

She is promoting her new book "My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life."

--hide--
I prefer a woman in running shoes or sperry topsiders. /)/)/)
Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/...

--hide--

I really liked her interview especially where she talked about 'having it all' and making a choice at what we are going to work really, really hard at. Thank you for this topic! I did not know about the book.

Her explanation too, of femininity and empowering men and choosing to serve...so well put.
Apr 17th 2013 new

Yes, it is refreshing to see that someone "out there" is coming to good conclusions on how to be successful in marriage! Of course, there are probably parts of the book that I will not agree with too. I do think it is good to affirm the few good things that do get promoted in our culture.

Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Naomi you crack me up :-). . .that's why we should opt for acrylic plexiglass :-)))
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Naomi you crack me up :-). . .that's why we should opt for acrylic plexiglass :-)))

--hide--

I agree. Glass is rather impractical.
Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Yes, it is refreshing to see that someone "out there" is coming to good conclusions on how to be su...

Yes, it is refreshing to see that someone "out there" is coming to good conclusions on how to be successful in marriage! Of course, there are probably parts of the book that I will not agree with too. I do think it is good to affirm the few good things that do get promoted in our culture.

--hide--

Absolutely. Good ideas can come from many places. Having different opinions is a fact of life. Not everything is dogma.
Posts 21 - 30 of 31