Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Frank, I think gems of truth can be found in all arenas, and I think we shoul...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hi Frank,

I think gems of truth can be found in all arenas, and I think we should both be open to and actually engage concepts and ideas from multiple sources in order to evaluate them. Confining information to only a single source is problematic on a number of levels, critical thinking demands we delve into and evaluate the accuracy, legitimacy, and applicability of multiple lines of reasoning when making decisions or deepening our understanding of concepts and ideas. Knowledge in an of itself is not dangerous, its when it is poorly evaluated and improperly used that it becomes potentially dangerous -- hence the need to thoroughly research multiple angles and evaluate against and with our own primary belief.

--hide--

Well put Lauren!

Posts 31 - 31 of 31