Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 24 new
I really like the book: "How To Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul." It does a great job of discussing premarital sex and is especially written for younger people by a young couple.
Apr 24 new
(Quote) Sarah-449699 said: There is a pill called Plan B that is, but that's not proper birth control that is being us...
(Quote) Sarah-449699 said:

There is a pill called Plan B that is, but that's not proper birth control that is being used as prescribed. Some women do miscarry when they're on birth control, but women also misscarry when they're not on the pill. Here's a good article for you: miscarriage.about.com

It does talk about using a high dosage after unprotected sex, but that goes back to the pre-marital sex issue.

--hide--
I was referring to preventing implantation of a fertilized egg, a newly conceived child.
Apr 24 new

(Quote) Sarah-449699 said: There is a pill called Plan B that is, but that's not proper birth control that is b...
(Quote) Sarah-449699 said:

There is a pill called Plan B that is, but that's not proper birth control that is being used as prescribed. Some women do miscarry when they're on birth control, but women also misscarry when they're not on the pill. Here's a good article for you: miscarriage.about.com

It does talk about using a high dosage after unprotected sex, but that goes back to the pre-marital sex issue.

--hide--

Many women dont realise that the pill was never given clinical trials. When it became public knowledge in 1959 the Feminists accussed the companies of sitting on the drug to control women and keep them chained at home bare foot and pregnant. Congress pressured the FDA who in turn pressured the companies to release it into the market, which was done.

However the companies made it clear it hadnt gone through the full testing programme and they had no data on the longitudinal effects of the pill. Therefor when they released it they had codicial added to the approval, which removed a womens right to sue should the pill fail or cause longitudinal effect, such as oviarian and cervical cancer.

Any oncologist will tell you that the rates of both cancers have risen sharply in the last 40 years, or check the WHO website. BUT no doctor or family planner will tell this and its a generally inhouse open secret. I learnt about the pill hile working in leading Fertility Clinic in Sydney way back last century.

Basically theres no big mystery with the pill- its merely astronomically high amounts of naturally occurring female hormones. As an old nurse with decades of experience I wouldnt ever allow any relative of mine to use the pill as its slow suicide.

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Many women dont realise that the pill was never given clinical trials. When it became public ...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Many women dont realise that the pill was never given clinical trials. When it became public knowledge in 1959 the Feminists accussed the companies of sitting on the drug to control women and keep them chained at home bare foot and pregnant. Congress pressured the FDA who in turn pressured the companies to release it into the market, which was done.

However the companies made it clear it hadnt gone through the full testing programme and they had no data on the longitudinal effects of the pill. Therefor when they released it they had codicial added to the approval, which removed a womens right to sue should the pill fail or cause longitudinal effect, such as oviarian and cervical cancer.

Any oncologist will tell you that the rates of both cancers have risen sharply in the last 40 years, or check the WHO website. BUT no doctor or family planner will tell this and its a generally inhouse open secret. I learnt about the pill hile working in leading Fertility Clinic in Sydney way back last century.

Basically theres no big mystery with the pill- its merely astronomically high amounts of naturally occurring female hormones. As an old nurse with decades of experience I wouldnt ever allow any relative of mine to use the pill as its slow suicide.

--hide--

...and I have heard, add smoking to the equation and the woman is at an even higher risk for cancer or heart issues.

It seems following the Natural Law works and when we try to get around it, there are usually consequences.
Apr 24 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I have at least a dozen healthy, happy female who have eight plus children...God made us able to h...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I have at least a dozen healthy, happy female who have eight plus children...God made us able to have many babies. There are exceptions, of course. Some women have difficulties and health challenges.

One friend when in her forties, was pregnant with their 13th child. They told her it could kill her to have another. She prayed and rested a lot and she and the child were and are fine. That was about ten years ago.
--hide--

My mother was 45 when I was born, unfortunately Im the youngest by default. My 4 younger brothers and sisters all died inutero or not long after birth, and my mother suffered 7 miscarriages until she was told by her Catholic Obstetrician to stop trying to hve children. Would have liked a large number of brothers and sisters

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Emmanuel-940296 said: I appreciate the input, and sorry to you as well for the late reply. I agree that it&...
(Quote) Emmanuel-940296 said:

I appreciate the input, and sorry to you as well for the late reply. I agree that it'd be nice to have more couples conceiving babies, as I think having at least 2 or 3, makes a big difference. Having grown up with an older brother and older sister looking after me meant a lot, and to this day I get along very well with them, and am the godfather for two of their children.

--hide--

I know what you mean I am the youngest of 3 1 sister and 1 brother, dont know about the looking after bit they stole my bottle when I was in the pram!!

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: ...and I have heard, add smoking to the equation and the woman is at an even higher risk for cance...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

...and I have heard, add smoking to the equation and the woman is at an even higher risk for cancer or heart issues.

It seems following the Natural Law works and when we try to get around it, there are usually consequences.
--hide--

The great British Scientist Stephen Hawking said that when Man looks down the microscope to play God, they will see Him looking back, and God help us if we blink first.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: (Quote) Sarah-449699 said: quite a few men
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Quote:
Sarah-449699 said:

quite a few men on here have "do not accept the church's teachings" on both contraception and pre-marital sex.

It is not reasonable - they shouldn't be having sex. I suppose if you want to make the argument that two wrongs will lessen the chance of potential chaos... you can do that. But, there are secular sites for that.

--hide--

I know that they shouldn't be having sex. It's why I joined this site, because I'm tired of having people talk to me who don't follow the church's teachings. I was NOT suggesting in any way that people should have premarital sex while using contraception. Please read my entire post before responding because I think you're missing what I'm saying.

Apr 24 new

Good to know. I never really looked into the exact mechanics of the pill because I've never used it. My birth control is Abstinence. It works really well. :)

Apr 25 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I know what you mean I am the youngest of 3 1 sister and 1 brother, dont know about th...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

I know what you mean I am the youngest of 3 1 sister and 1 brother, dont know about the looking after bit they stole my bottle when I was in the pram!!

--hide--

Heh, well perhaps some of us are luckier than others when it comes to getting nicer older siblings =) but people only grow in size so much, so eventually there's a point where you're on an even playing field =P Even my godson manages to stand up to his older brother of like 2 or so years one is 4 the other is 6, though they're pretty similar in size so I imagine that helps.

Posts 101 - 110 of 113