Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 9th 2013 new
Again, I'm asking us to think about what do we offer to the significant other we want in our life?

What do we bring to the altar as a sacrifice for him or her?
May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Again, I'm asking us to think about what do we offer to the significant other we want in our life?
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Again, I'm asking us to think about what do we offer to the significant other we want in our life?

--hide--

The sacrifice is you...yourself...your so-called selfish self! If you feel you have to make yourself over for the person you are giving yourself to then you are probably making a big mistake. Let them go so you both can continue to search and find the one who is already "right" with little re-making necessary! Making self-adjustments should be done because they will make you a better person and not because you need to be better for somebody else's 'approval'. Always be mindful, too, that a significant other may not be what He has in mind for you!

May 9th 2013 new

Great thoughts.

What I hate most about being single is having no one to do little nice things for. (Kids do not count.)

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Great thoughts.What I hate most about being single is having no one to do little nice thi...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Great thoughts.

What I hate most about being single is having no one to do little nice things for. (Kids do not count.)

--hide--

Marge,

You are still young. There will be a time when you will have a quality man that wins your heart and soul. Then you will be able to do nice things for him. He will be jumping for joy and doing cartwheels at all the wonderful things you will do. lil mikie

See how easy that was.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

May 9th 2013 new

Hi Dawn

It is good to dream about being married and in love. Now remember all the ways you treat your husband, or wife, in your dream and treat your date that way. You can pretty much do that in all aspects except sex. Expect them to do the same for you. If they don't, confront them. If they still don't, leave. You do change in a marriage, you just want it to be good changes. As far as being selfish? There is no more selfish thing a man can do than to love his wife. A man will find that everything he can do is less interesting than spending time with his wife and children.

I have found that people have unresolved issues. Their ex cheated on them, for example, so they are looking for signs that their date will cheat on them. They put the responsibility for cheating totally on the ex. Thet never see what they did to cause the cheating, if they did anything. But, in life, we must accept responsibility for ourselves. We can never say I did something because he, or she, did that. So, someone whose ex cheated on them needs to ask, "What did I do, or not do, to cause that?". Certainly being self-centered, or selfish, is not a good thing to bring into a marrage.

It would be nice to have a way to know that a person is ready to date. That they have passed some sort of test. You know, they have enough money to survive, they believe in God, (really believe) and smell good. It would be nice. It is my experience that in marriage you don't sacrifice anything, you stop activities in your life because you have found better ones, like kissing. I think it is the same as with God. In our relationship with Him we don't sacrifice, we just find better things to do.

May 9th 2013 new

--hide--

Great thread topic Dawn! I love it ! Putting someone else first or thinking of the other first would be heartbeatwonderful!

May 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Great thoughts.What I hate most about being single is having no one to do little nice things for. (Kid...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Great thoughts.

--hide--

Yes. There is a difference between doing for little ones and doing for your partner.

Doing things for your partner has an intimacy about it. It is an emptying out of self to a heart that will receive it and let that gift bloom. When it blooms, then we are inspired to passionately give more. And so it continues. Children rarely (if ever) understand that concept of receiving and letting it grow..
May 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Sheila-953093 said: The sacrifice is you...yourself...your so-called selfish self! If you feel you have to make yourself...
(Quote) Sheila-953093 said:

The sacrifice is you...yourself...your so-called selfish self! If you feel you have to make yourself over for the person you are giving yourself to then you are probably making a big mistake. Let them go so you both can continue to search and find the one who is already "right" with little re-making necessary! Making self-adjustments should be done because they will make you a better person and not because you need to be better for somebody else's 'approval'. Always be mindful, too, that a significant other may not be what He has in mind for you!

--hide--

Yes, the sacrifice is our whole self. Good thoughts, Sheila!rose

But I guess what I am looking for us to share in this thread is what specifically we will gift our spouse with. We are unique individuals with wonderful things to offer to our spouse. What are they? And how much of a sacrifice will we make? (my second post in this thread lists some of the things I will give to my husband. They are things that are hard for me, but that I am willing to give him because I am want to love my husband in an out of the ordinary way. I want to do the difficult for him.)

Remember, posting here is part advertisement. Maybe we can entice the attention of someone seeking to receive what we have to offer and is wanting to fill us up with what he or she has to offer. scratchchin
May 9th 2013 new

"But I guess what I am looking for us to share in this thread is what specifically we will gift our spouse with.", by Dawn.

Sorry I misunderstood! What you are looking for, then, is what will YOU gift YOUR spouse with?! Going with that...what if he/she doesn't really need what you have to offer but will take it because you're offering and it looks like a good deal?? Will you be smart enough to realize it before YOU"RE hooked?!?

Posting here is, indeed, a form of advertising but I think I'd prefer to advertise who I am and not what I will do for you! Get to know me and you may not even care what I specifically have to gift because you don't like 70 year old, blue-eyed women who talk too much! laughing

May 10th 2013 new

Thank you.
Yes, easy enough I suppose. Now, to just sit back and wait for my "in box" to be flooded with emotes and messages...

Posts 21 - 30 of 49