Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Could use some profile advice.

Apr 16th 2013 new

Was wondering if any of you could take a look at my profile and give me any tips. Haven't gotten any veiws in along time or a message.

Thanks Pat

Apr 16th 2013 new

One thing that I always discourage is selfie pics, and seeing as this is a Catholic site, that you don't agree with all the teachings of the Catholic Church will probably put a lot of woman off. Hope that helps!

Apr 16th 2013 new
Disclaimer-- I'm way too old to know what would strike someone closer to your age but here are my thoughts. Watch how you crop photos,. The hood in your profile gives a funny impression, and the pic of you apparently in bed seems odd. You have a nice smile, and all the other pictures seem nice, and show off your interests. Re-read your profile and some of the info in the narrative that is elsewhere can probably be deleted. And use something besides "love" to describe your interests. Someone else commented on the lack of 7/7 may be a problem. And send messages the the gals you find interesting. Blessings
Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Danielle-960603 said: One thing that I always discourage is selfie pics, and seeing as this is a Catholic site, that...
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said:

One thing that I always discourage is selfie pics, and seeing as this is a Catholic site, that you don't agree with all the teachings of the Catholic Church will probably put a lot of woman off. Hope that helps!

--hide--

Yep I'd agree w/ Danielle. I would suggest reading up on why the church stands against contraception. And not just a pamphlet or somebody's opinion blog. Get the facts from the primary source. And then start up some honest conversations here on the forums. The more you expose yourself on the forums, the more people you meet that wouldn't have otherwise checked out your profile. If you are serious about growing and deepening your faith, this is the most attractive feature for a true Catholic lady.

Apr 16th 2013 new

The Girls have given you some Great advice. I can only add,, I try and setup my profile to appeal to someone in the same way i want their profile to appeal to me. For example.. i have pictures of what i enjoy doing. I would rather see pics of someone doing what they enjoy rather than reading it in their profile and left wondering? And, you have to share things about yourself, just as you would when meeting someone for the first time, which you can also do in the Forums. Good Luck. smile Praying

Apr 21st 2013 new

I changed somethings around and took of a pic. off.

Apr 21st 2013 new

I liked your photos as they are you with children and very personal. I might suggest another close up photo as the photo is looking down at your face. The only other thing is the word God should always be in caps and I like to see another space after a comma.

You have a great smile and do get involved in chats, forums and go to events.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-167036 said: Was wondering if any of you could take a look at my profile and give me any tips. Haven't g...
(Quote) Patrick-167036 said:

Was wondering if any of you could take a look at my profile and give me any tips. Haven't gotten any veiws in along time or a message.

Thanks Pat

--hide--
Just a few remarks to add to what the others have said -- which, Patrick, is sound advice. The word "love" isn't appropriate for inanimate objects or enjoyed activities -- it is meant for people, although people commonly use the word in other contexts.

There is some information that could be left out, and probably should be to make a better impression. Also, what others say and think about you is a turn-off for some people. What do you have to say? You could vary your sentence wording by not beginning so many sentences with the word "I".

You have been encouraged to study the Catholic position re: artificial contraception. This is a greatly misunderstood area, and many people simply are not aware of the complexities or implications of artificial birth control. So, do yourself a favor and read the actual teaching and reasons for the Catholic Church's stand. If you find yourself enlightened and in agreement you can change your answer. If you still don't accept it, leave your answer as it is because it is an honest one. But....continue to study the issue more intensely, even consulting with your parish priest.

Don't sit back and wait for others to contact you. Be assertive (not aggressive) and start contacting women of interest. An emote with a short message is a good start.

Apr 21st 2013 new

You want a woman who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty? scratchchin

Are you looking for someone who shares a passion for horticulture? Or do you just want a maid? eyebrow

Apr 21st 2013 new

My profile is a work in progress. I have my reasons in regaurds to the contriception issue. Don't write somebody off just because of 1 "NO".

Posts 1 - 10 of 17