Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 22nd 2013 new

+JMJ+

Paul, I doubt this will sway your mind but for the edification of followers of this thread:

wdtprs.com

"The foot washing rite is actually optional, though that fact is little grasped by liberals who impose the options they like as obligatory on those who would prefer to opt out. Liturgical law prescribes that only men (viri in Latin) can be chosen for that rite. Priests who want to adhere to the law will find themselves facing fierce opposition by liberals demanding that women be included. Bishops will be hard-pressed to explain how priests should keep to the liturgical law when the Pope himself flouts it. By including women, the Pope has cast all liturgical laws into the hazard."

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ Nonsense. No one believes that despite the manipulative less than honest pro...
(Quote) Joseph-2737 said:

+JMJ+

Nonsense. No one believes that despite the manipulative less than honest pronouncements of Sodano. Where have you been? Mother Angelica even addressed this on world wide television as utter nonsense. Certianly Our Lady accepted John Paul II's consecration of the world but never did he consecrate Russia by name.

--hide--

To the contrary. The only ones who don't accept the fact that the Proper Consecration of Russia has taken place are those who believe they know better about everything than the actual people involved. Interestingly enough, they all seem to come from the extreme "ultra-traditionalist" who are neither traditional nor informed.

Since Sister Lucy, the visionary herself, certified it in writing the issue is settled.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ I'm never going to be pope. And your flat out wrong again: "well wi...

+JMJ+

I'm never going to be pope. And your flat out wrong again: "well withing the guidelines approved long before by the appropriate office within the Vatican responsible for the Liturgy." Not true.

--hide--

Since you admit that you will never be Pope, stop making your Popish pronouncvements.

You are terribly uninformed. Comes from reading those "ultra traditional" web sites.

Cardinal O'malley of Boston asked the Vatican, in the form of a general question, if it were permissible to include women in the rite. The answer, again a general answer applying to all, that it was up to the Ordinary of a Diocese to decide.

The question is settled for all but those who in their own minds know better than Rome.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ Paul, I doubt this will sway your mind but for the edification of followers of this t...

+JMJ+

Paul, I doubt this will sway your mind but for the edification of followers of this thread:

wdtprs.com

"The foot washing rite is actually optional, though that fact is little grasped by liberals who impose the options they like as obligatory on those who would prefer to opt out. Liturgical law prescribes that only men (viri in Latin) can be chosen for that rite. Priests who want to adhere to the law will find themselves facing fierce opposition by liberals demanding that women be included. Bishops will be hard-pressed to explain how priests should keep to the liturgical law when the Pope himself flouts it. By including women, the Pope has cast all liturgical laws into the hazard."

--hide--

Read your own reference. Paragraph 5 specifically states that thenorms apply to the 1962 Latin Rites.

The foot washing has always been optional in the Holy Thursday Services as it remains today. Prior to 1955 it was to take place after the Mass itself, after the procession depositing the Consecrated Hosts in the altar of Repose and after the stirpping of the main altar. IN 1955 Pius XII moved it to take place withing the Mass itself.

Again, years ago Cardinal O'Malleyof Boston, in a general question asked Rome if women could be included in the rite. In the response to the general question asked, Rome said that it was up to the Ordinary of a Diocese to decide if it were to be permitted within his diocese.

The Reigining Pope did not contradict the answer. Therefore, a valid waiver was created. You may and your fellow ultras may not like it but that is fact. Now if you or one of your fellow Ultras ever gets elected Pope, you can change it. Until then stop using your own uninformed judgements as to when and by whom an abuse occurs or when scandal is given.

The abuse and scandal I see the most of, are those emanating from the ultra traditional camp who work overtime finding fault right and left because they don't agree with something.

And to correct the already mistaken impression you have, I am far more TRULY traditional than you can ever hope to be.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Read your own reference. Paragraph 5 specifically states that thenorms apply to the 1962 ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Read your own reference. Paragraph 5 specifically states that thenorms apply to the 1962 Latin Rites.

The foot washing has always been optional in the Holy Thursday Services as it remains today. Prior to 1955 it was to take place after the Mass itself, after the procession depositing the Consecrated Hosts in the altar of Repose and after the stirpping of the main altar. IN 1955 Pius XII moved it to take place withing the Mass itself.

Again, years ago Cardinal O'Malleyof Boston, in a general question asked Rome if women could be included in the rite. In the response to the general question asked, Rome said that it was up to the Ordinary of a Diocese to decide if it were to be permitted within his diocese.

The Reigining Pope did not contradict the answer. Therefore, a valid waiver was created. You may and your fellow ultras may not like it but that is fact. Now if you or one of your fellow Ultras ever gets elected Pope, you can change it. Until then stop using your own uninformed judgements as to when and by whom an abuse occurs or when scandal is given.

The abuse and scandal I see the most of, are those emanating from the ultra traditional camp who work overtime finding fault right and left because they don't agree with something.

And to correct the already mistaken impression you have, I am far more TRULY traditional than you can ever hope to be.

--hide--

+JMJ+

No Paul, minimalists are far from traditional. They in fact do more damage to the faithful than liberal extremists who are more easily recognized.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ No Paul, minimalists are far from traditional. They in fact do more damage t...

+JMJ+

No Paul, minimalists are far from traditional. They in fact do more damage to the faithful than liberal extremists who are more easily recognized.

--hide--

What and who is or are minimalists?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

I say well done Pope Francis.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ I agree, Lisa. There is such a thing as papolatry but also disrespectful beh...

+JMJ+

I agree, Lisa. There is such a thing as papolatry but also disrespectful behavior towards the Holy Father which is unacceptable! Thankfully, I have not run across this often in the many traditional communities I have visited.

--hide--

It seems that many traditionalists were initially puzzled by his behavior, but acknowledge him as the Holy Father. Thankfully, those who claim he's an antipope seem to be in the minority. My boss is guilty of such and I have refused to attend daily Mass because of the disrespect, so I have been in the doghouse for a while. It is one thing to disagree with what the Holy Father does and another to just completely cut him down; it has scandalized many of the parishoners.

Finally, last Sunday Father added "Franciscus" and "Pontifex" to the prayers. For the first time he acknowledged him as the Holy Father from the pulpit. So now I can return to daily Mass, as usual biggrin

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: To the contrary. The only ones who don't accept the fact that the Proper Consecration...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

To the contrary. The only ones who don't accept the fact that the Proper Consecration of Russia has taken place are those who believe they know better about everything than the actual people involved. Interestingly enough, they all seem to come from the extreme "ultra-traditionalist" who are neither traditional nor informed.

Since Sister Lucy, the visionary herself, certified it in writing the issue is settled.

--hide--

Mr. Paul, I am going to have to agree with you regarding all the conspiracy theories surrounding Fatima.

After doing some research, I learned that the Parish statue of Our Lady of Fatima had been associated with a number of healings here locally. This sparked my interest in learning more about what exactly occured at Fatima.

Recently we were given a library from a deceased Lefebvrite. The donated Fatima books were all written by the same two characters, Fr. Gruener and Mark Fellowes. I attempted to read them, but when they started criticizing St. Josemaria Escriva for dressing in lay clothing and escaping to France during the Spanish Revolution to avoid being killed. When they went on to blame him for initiating the Second Vatican Council, I knew it was crap.

Personally, I find the Unity Publishing apostolate to be a credible organization regarding Fatima (where they are located). The website also has really good information on the discernment of true and false apparitions.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ Now this, I like!!!!!! Pontificate of Pope Francis to be consecrated to Our La...

+JMJ+

Now this, I like!!!!!!

Pontificate of Pope Francis to be consecrated to Our Lady of Fatima on May 13, 2013

www.cfnews.org

--hide--

What does this mean? Sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm a convert and never really understood being consecrated to (fill in the blank). scratchchin

Posts 21 - 30 of 39