Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 23rd 2013 new

goldfish

YAY Pope Francis!

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-962589 said: It seems that many traditionalists were initially puzzled by his behavior, but acknowledg...
(Quote) Lisa-962589 said:

It seems that many traditionalists were initially puzzled by his behavior, but acknowledge him as the Holy Father. Thankfully, those who claim he's an antipope seem to be in the minority. My boss is guilty of such and I have refused to attend daily Mass because of the disrespect, so I have been in the doghouse for a while. It is one thing to disagree with what the Holy Father does and another to just completely cut him down; it has scandalized many of the parishoners.

Finally, last Sunday Father added "Franciscus" and "Pontifex" to the prayers. For the first time he acknowledged him as the Holy Father from the pulpit. So now I can return to daily Mass, as usual

--hide--

+JMJ+

These are confusing times. There's been a real lack of clarity since the 1960s which has resulted in people erring on either end of the spectrum. Below is a good article which sums up why both sedevacantism and papolatry are errors. I include a snippet of the article and a link for those who wish to read it in it's entirety.

In regards to Fatima, I've read conflicting opinions from "traditionalist" sources regarding whether or not all of the text of the so-called "third secret" has been revealed. Regardless of what the Secretary of State claims about Fatima concerning the "consecration of Russia" - it is an absolute fact that no pontiff has ever consecrated Russia by name. Some claim that it's not important, that the consecration of the world by JPII accomplished the consecration of Russia. They're free to believe that but at the same time it's still a fact that no pontiff has consecrated Russia by name. I'm of the opinion that this is key to ending the Great Schism and that the desacralizing and de-emphasizing of the Petrine ministry which has been going on since the 1960s will actually backfire as did the watering down of the liturgy to supposedly attract Protestants and the ambiguous pastoral language used in the Vatican II documents also backfired resulting in a great loss of faith and confusion.

www.remnantnewspaper.com

"Since Vatican II specifically avoided defining any doctrines, the only teachings of Vatican II that would be protected by infallibility are those that were defined prior to the Council, as Bishop Butler of England admitted two years after the close of Vatican II. He wrote “not all teachings emanating from a pope or Ecumenical Council are infallible. There is no single proposition of Vatican II - except where it is citing previous infallible definitions - which is in itself infallible." (9)"

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-650539 said: What does this mean? Sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm a convert and never re...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

What does this mean? Sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm a convert and never really understood being consecrated to (fill in the blank).

--hide--

+JMJ+

Wow, Steve. No it's not a stupid question but the answer could be rather long. smile

Pope Francis has a VERY STRONG devotion to the Blessed Mother and in particular to Our Lady of Fatima. He is making a formal public solemn dedication of his pontificate to Our Lady of Fatima. As a Cardinal, Pope Francis even contacted Fr. Nicholas Gruner directly twice which is interesting given that the past two Secretaries of State of the Church have denounced Fr. Gruner and his apostolate. Steve, I don't have time to go into all of this at length. It involves several things: the role Our Lady plays in salvation history as mediatrix of all graces, the consecration according to the method of St-Louis de Montfort, etc. This could be a thread in and of itself. Perhaps others here will chime in to contribute as to why Pope Francis is doing this.

One often hears the question asked by non-Catholic Christians "Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ." I recommend you read up on how God willed that the Blessed Virgin Mary be the Mediatrix of all graces. From this, I promise you, your heart will glow as you come to realize just how intimate Our Creator desires to be with us His creatures made in His Image and Likeness. biggrin

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ I agree, Lisa. There is such a thing as papolatry but also disrespectful beh...
(Quote) Joseph-2737 said:

+JMJ+

I agree, Lisa. There is such a thing as papolatry but also disrespectful behavior towards the Holy Father which is unacceptable! Thankfully, I have not run across this often in the many traditional communities I have visited.

--hide--

Joseph, do you really not see that you questioning and critisizing the Pope's actions on a pubic forum is not disrespectful? You are right it IS unacceptable! Some of the posts in the different threads about Pope Francis by "Traditional" Catholics has really made me question who you truly follow. I have always supported people going to the Tridentine Mass if that is what directs their spirit...obviously, by my age, that is where I started, but now I am wondering if I have been naive.

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Joseph, do you really not see that you questioning and critisizing the Pope's acti...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Joseph, do you really not see that you questioning and critisizing the Pope's actions on a pubic forum is not disrespectful? You are right it IS unacceptable! Some of the posts in the different threads about Pope Francis by "Traditional" Catholics has really made me question who you truly follow. I have always supported people going to the Tridentine Mass if that is what directs their spirit...obviously, by my age, that is where I started, but now I am wondering if I have been naive.

--hide--

+JMJ+

No. I am not being disrespectful. It is quite possible for one to discuss problamatic issues in an objective respectful manner. Having said that, written communications over the internet have their limitations and misunderstandings misperceptions happen. wink

Apr 24th 2013 new

I thought I was the only one wondering how to take this present Pope Francis we have. I think it's too early to tell where he's coming from as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the fact that he was in favor of homosexual civil Unions when he was a Cardinal in Argentina and several other thing's that he's doing in action and in words. I have the attitude of "wait and see" with the new Pope.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Espe-410886 said:ewsm I thought I was the only one wondering how to take this present Pope Francis we have. I think ...
(Quote) Espe-410886 said:ewsm

I thought I was the only one wondering how to take this present Pope Francis we have. I think it's too early to tell where he's coming from as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the fact that he was in favor of homosexual civil Unions when he was a Cardinal in Argentina and several other thing's that he's doing in action and in words. I have the attitude of "wait and see" with the new Pope.

--hide--

It is tiring to read this constant harping on supposed misdeeds by Pope Francis, especially when the person complaining does not have all the facts.

Go here and read a complete analysis. You will learn that his proposal, which was voted down by the Argentine bishops, was 100% in line with official Church teachings under the conditions that prevailed in Argentina at the time.

One other fact: virtually 100% of the anti Francis gibberish found in the media, even Catholic ones, originate from a single source; an extreme left wing, virulent anti-catholic Argentine reporter.

Apr 26th 2013 new

Not a stupid question. But the best one to explain consecration to Our Lady is St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion to Mary. In reality it is being consecrated to Jesus through Mary. It not a long book but has the best explanation and understanding of this devotion. When JPII was still just Karol, and not even a priest yet, during the German occupation of Poland, he was given this book (or one of the other ones) and it changed everything for him. He had a deeper devotion to her that continued to grow throughout his pontificate. He was a very, very Marian priest.

After you read that book, you may want to do the 33-day preparation for Consecration that he also wrote. There are a few other preparation books, approved by the Montfort Society that I could post her later. I am just tired and need to sleep now.

Apr 26th 2013 new

I'm glad to hear that the Pope is being consecrated to our Lady of Fatima. I just had one of the traveling statues of her in my home last week (what a grace) and if anyone can guide Francis our Lady can. We must pray for her intercession for him and that her watchful gaze never leave him!

Posts 31 - 39 of 39