Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 17th 2013 new

You should have tripped him on the way out. wink laughing

Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am no...
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.
--hide--

I go,to St Joseph in Bronxville light some candles and kneel,or sit in a pew....during the workweek every two weeks
Apr 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am no...
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.
--hide--

That is the most masculine thing, for a gentleman to kneel in front of and honor Our Lady. It is like a knight in front of his queen or a son being good to his mother. Find a man like this and he is a prize.
Apr 17th 2013 new

I'm being pedantic, I wouldn't be happy with a man who worships Our Lady, but I would be most impressed with a man who honours Our Lady.

Apr 17th 2013 new
Lisa yes this type of man is who we all thought we would meet on this website.
Apr 17th 2013 new
--hide--

Regarding this devotion to Our Lady, in modern terminology, we do not "worship" the saints, though in the very ancient past, the term "worship", I think, was used to describe both the honor given to the saints and that given to our Lord alone.

That being said, while I am sure this man does not want attention drawn to him, kudos to him.
Posts 11 - 16 of 16