Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/19/2013 new

I like your scenario much better than getting a cheesy gold anklet after three years of dating!

just sayen...

ya, an ANKLET!

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Dan,I am sure you take the gals to nice ...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:
Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Dan,

I am sure you take the gals to nice restaurants. Don't forget to bring your coupons or the dining places offering 2 for 1.

Blessings,

Leon

Good one Leon!!!
--hide--

Mary, thank you.

I was just going through one of my cornball moments.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

04/19/2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I love gifts, and jewelry, but I agree--unless there is an "understanding" jewelry is too intimate/nice/m...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I love gifts, and jewelry, but I agree--unless there is an "understanding" jewelry is too intimate/nice/meaningful of a gift.

--hide--
over 10-11 months of dating
04/19/2013 new

I have never bought a woman...nor am I ever likely to buy one....jewelry as a gift....I'd no sooner try to pick out clothing I'd think she'd like to wear.....I believe my brother...who met his wife here and has been very happily married for about 6 yrs...has never given his wife jewelry as a gift...

Never been a big fan of gifts anyway...trying to guess what other people like...or others spending their hard-earned cash so that I can have some material object I may or may not want(usually not)...spending time together should be more important...that alone will cost money(more or less depending)....and it's money better spent.....any tokens of affection should be simple and relatively inexpensive I think

04/20/2013 new

Jewelry to me should have a special meaning, and that is something I never buy for myself. Unfortunately I have none, my old house was broken into and all of my jewelry was stolen. All I have is the mothers ring my kids bought me for my 60th birthday, and of course I was wearing it. The jewelry that was stolen was all gifts from my former husbands and could never be replaced.

If you are in a totally committed relationship and you think she is the "ONE" you can never go wrong with jewelry a simple diamond pendant would be perfect.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: Jewelry to me should have a special meaning, and that is something I never buy for myself. Unfor...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

Jewelry to me should have a special meaning, and that is something I never buy for myself. Unfortunately I have none, my old house was broken into and all of my jewelry was stolen. All I have is the mothers ring my kids bought me for my 60th birthday, and of course I was wearing it. The jewelry that was stolen was all gifts from my former husbands and could never be replaced.

If you are in a totally committed relationship and you think she is the "ONE" you can never go wrong with jewelry a simple diamond pendant would be perfect.

--hide--

Oh no - sorry to hear that! I had a nice birthstone ring and cute bracelet stolen from my luggage a couple of years ago! Both were birthday presents - one from my good friend the other from my sisters. I was so annoyed. I had the ring for many years. sad Lesson learned the hard way - don't leave valuables in your luggage.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Dan,I am sure you take the gals to nice restaurants. Don't forget to bring you...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Dan,

I am sure you take the gals to nice restaurants. Don't forget to bring your coupons or the dining places offering 2 for 1.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

IALTO!! (I Always Love That One)

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Personally, I would rather have good conversation and kind acts. No gifts.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Personally, I would rather have good conversation and kind acts. No gifts.

--hide--

Marge, Have you taken the Five Love Languages assessment? It sounds as if your primary love language might be Acts of Service or Quality Time with Gifts last. Same as mine, actually. I don't mind receiving a gift if it has been thoughtfully considered to be something I really might like, but I, too, would rather have someone give me their time & full attention or help in completing a task when needed. I certainly didn't mind receiving those roses a couple of weeks ago! rose rose rose

04/20/2013 new

I think mine was "kind words" or something like that.

My experience has been...if a guy starts giving me flowers, etc., -- he stops TALKING. irked

04/20/2013 new

I am also really lousy at choosing gifts for others, so I'd rather just skip the whole thing.

Posts 31 - 40 of 43