Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I'm not big into jewelry as a gift, I'm more into doing things for her.
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I'm not big into jewelry as a gift, I'm more into doing things for her.
--hide--

Sadly, it doesn't matter what YOU are into or not into. What matters is what the OTHER person is into. It wouldn't matter if a guy gave me jewelry or not -- I don't want it. I want an intellectual connection and occasional words of appreciation.

You have to love a person the way he/she needs to be loved.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think mine was "kind words" or something like that.My experience has been...i...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think mine was "kind words" or something like that.

My experience has been...if a guy starts giving me flowers, etc., -- he stops TALKING.

--hide--

I think it's Words of Affirmation.

Interesting about the flower bit!

I really like to give gifts, present like to choose just the right item for the person, but over these many years, I think I've come more to not expecting gifts rather than not appreciating receiving them. And it's awkward to receive a gift that just doesn't "fit" like the anklet mentioned above!!! laughing

There's a bracelet I saw in a catalog just the other day that I wouldn't mind receiving as a gift because it has just the right message, but I would feel extravagant buying it for myself. I don't know if I would even wear it unless someone had thoughtfully chosen to give it to me! However, several years ago I saw a gold crucifix necklace that was unusual & I did buy it for myself for Christmas.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I'm not big into jewelry as a gift, I'm more into doing things for her.

--hide--

Dan, I agree with what Marge said about this. I know I'm being repititious, but I advise reading The Five Love Languages to anyone who is in a relationship. If you want to show that you really care for a person, find out what their primary love language is. Giving gifts doesn't have to be extravagant (like jewelry) either--it can be as simple as a chocolate bar or a single flower.

Posts 41 - 43 of 43