Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new

I live nearer to Philly but migh be interested in a Thursday or weekend game.

Apr 21st 2013 new

Greg, will check my work schedule for May when I get it and let you know or try to get off 5/19 for the SUN afternoon game. Thanks for trying to arrange it.Will "go with the flow" re date and times once I get my schedule. See which game most folks can attend. I am off some Tuesdays and some Thursadays. Thanks for arranging an event.

Apr 21st 2013 new
Would love to see the Yankees
Apr 22nd 2013 new

Greg, I put in for leave on 19 May. Got denied! Haven't got my May schedulel yet. Will see which date area CM'ers chose and see if I can make it.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

So what do people think on the Saturday 5/18 game. I down loaded incorrectly the time of the game which is at 4:05 PM not 7:05. Also, we could plan something else before that.

On a Saturday if people like we could combine sightseeing with the Catholic Faith. I have been to the Shrine of St. Anthony which is located at 12290 Folly Quarter Rd. Ellicott City, MD 21042. The Shrine has 310 acres of rolling hills and woodlands in the heart of the Baltimore-Washington area. It has several walking trails which have a few hills but are not that difficult, and there are benches throughout the trails to rest or mediate. People could bring their own lunch and we could eat there.

If people wanted we could then go the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes which is located just south of Emmitsburg, MD, off of US Route 15. It takes about an hour from the Shrine of St. Anthony to the Grotto. The Grotto is very scenic and well worth a trip. It is made of Stones from the Grotto of Lourdes in France, excavated near the miraculous spring where the Blessed Virgin told St. Bernadette to dig and receive water.

If people wanted we could then go the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, which is also located in Emmitsburg, Md, about 15 minutes from the Grotto. I have been to all of these places and they are well worth a visit if someone would like to go.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-553954 said: So what do people think on the Saturday 5/18 game. I down loaded incorrectly the time of t...
(Quote) Greg-553954 said:

So what do people think on the Saturday 5/18 game. I down loaded incorrectly the time of the game which is at 4:05 PM not 7:05. Also, we could plan something else before that.

On a Saturday if people like we could combine sightseeing with the Catholic Faith. I have been to the Shrine of St. Anthony which is located at 12290 Folly Quarter Rd. Ellicott City, MD 21042. The Shrine has 310 acres of rolling hills and woodlands in the heart of the Baltimore-Washington area. It has several walking trails which have a few hills but are not that difficult, and there are benches throughout the trails to rest or mediate. People could bring their own lunch and we could eat there.

If people wanted we could then go the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes which is located just south of Emmitsburg, MD, off of US Route 15. It takes about an hour from the Shrine of St. Anthony to the Grotto. The Grotto is very scenic and well worth a trip. It is made of Stones from the Grotto of Lourdes in France, excavated near the miraculous spring where the Blessed Virgin told St. Bernadette to dig and receive water.

If people wanted we could then go the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, which is also located in Emmitsburg, Md, about 15 minutes from the Grotto. I have been to all of these places and they are well worth a visit if someone would like to go.

--hide--

Greg,

The Shrine of Saint Anthony and grounds are a beautiful place and so is the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes south of Emmitsburg. The National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton is nearby to the Lourdes Grotto. All would be very crowded on a Saturday so it would be best to start very early. I'm up for at least a leg of it. Thanks for suggesting this and please let everyone know what you decide.

theheart

Apr 23rd 2013 new

I have a conflict for the evening of the 18th, but if we meet up earlier in the day for something else as well, I think I could participate in that. I third the comments about the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton - the Basilica and what's left of the buildings and grounds on which she founded the Sisters of Charity are beautiful. For those interested in the Civil War, it also has it's own slice of CW history.

It's very close to the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes and one could easily do both.

I haven't been to the Shrine of St. Anthony, but I've heard very good things about it.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-553954 said: There has to be some catholics some place in Maryland that wants to do something? I saw a posting ...

There has to be some catholics some place in Maryland that wants to do something? I saw a posting in Decemeber about doing something in the Frederick Area that did not get many responses, unfortunately I had to work that day. I posted something about hiking that got no response. So I thought I will try one more time to see if someone wants to do something before I drop this sight and go to something like Lots of Events or another site.

--hide--
When you figure out the details, put it on the events page, so people can really see it and decide if they can make it.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-553954 said: There has to be some catholics some place in Maryland that wants to do something? I saw a posting ...

There has to be some catholics some place in Maryland that wants to do something? I saw a posting in Decemeber about doing something in the Frederick Area that did not get many responses, unfortunately I had to work that day. I posted something about hiking that got no response. So I thought I will try one more time to see if someone wants to do something before I drop this sight and go to something like Lots of Events or another site.

--hide--
When you figure out the details, put it on the events page, so people can really see it and decide if they can make it.

Apr 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: I'm in Southern Maryland, but would be interested. Baltimore/Annapolis is alot closer for me than the ...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

I'm in Southern Maryland, but would be interested. Baltimore/Annapolis is alot closer for me than the current NoVa event. Any ideas on a particular event/venue?

--hide--
Hi, What NoVA event?
Posts 11 - 20 of 30