Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 27th 2013 new

So here are the planned events. On Saturday, May 4th and May 11th, I am going to The Shrine Of Saint Anthony the chapel opens at 9;00 am and I will be in the Chapel until 9:30 am. From the Chapel I am going to walk the trails for approximately 1 1/2 hours then around 11:00 am I am going to have a picnic lunch. After lunch at approximately noon I am going to go to The Grotto which will take about 45 minutes so I will get to the Grotto around 1:00 pm. I will spend about one hour at the Grotto and leave at approximately 2:00 PM. From the Grotto I am then going to Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars for a glass of wine; I should get there at around 3:00 pm.

Information for the winery is listed below:

Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars

Wines
Dry/Semi Dry—Chardonnay, White Raven, Fox Hunt Blush, Terrapin White, Bacioni, Merlot, Chambourcin, Cabernet Sauvignon
Semi-Sweet—Melody, Traminette, Steeple Chase Red, Mountain White, Peach, Plum, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Spiced Apple, Spicy Regatta, Sangria, Mead, Abisso, Sweet Chessie

Hours
Mon–Fri, 10 am to 5 pm
Sat, 10 am to 6 pm
Sun, noon to 6 pm

13601 Glissans Mill Road, Mt. Airy

From I-70 take Exit 62, Libertytown/New Market. Turn onto 75 North. Proceed 4.5 miles to a right onto Glissans Mill Road. The winery is 4 miles on the right.

People are welcome to do the whole event or part of the event. I always have to put a disclaimer which is I always have the possibility of having to work unexpectedly but if I do everyone else should be able to continue on.

Apr 27th 2013 new

Two things I should make clear first I will have lunch at the Shrine of St Anthony near the open-air Shrine to St. Maximilian Kolbe at around 11:oo am.

Next, I have never been to the Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars but other one I have been to have a place both inside and outside to have a glass of wine. This should be the same but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: Hi, What NoVA event?
(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: Hi, What NoVA event?
--hide--

Hi Claudia I think that's a Northern Virginia event! wink

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-553954 said: So here are the planned events. On Saturday, May 4th and May 11th, I am going to The Shrine Of Sai...
(Quote) Greg-553954 said:

So here are the planned events. On Saturday, May 4th and May 11th, I am going to The Shrine Of Saint Anthony the chapel opens at 9;00 am and I will be in the Chapel until 9:30 am. From the Chapel I am going to walk the trails for approximately 1 1/2 hours then around 11:00 am I am going to have a picnic lunch. After lunch at approximately noon I am going to go to The Grotto which will take about 45 minutes so I will get to the Grotto around 1:00 pm. I will spend about one hour at the Grotto and leave at approximately 2:00 PM. From the Grotto I am then going to Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars for a glass of wine; I should get there at around 3:00 pm.

Wines
Dry/Semi Dry—Chardonnay, White Raven, Fox Hunt Blush, Terrapin White, Bacioni, Merlot, Chambourcin, Cabernet Sauvignon
Semi-Sweet—Melody, Traminette, Steeple Chase Red, Mountain White, Peach, Plum, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Spiced Apple, Spicy Regatta, Sangria, Mead, Abisso, Sweet Chessie

Hours
Mon–Fri, 10 am to 5 pm
Sat, 10 am to 6 pm
Sun, noon to 6 pm

13601 Glissans Mill Road, Mt. Airy

From I-70 take Exit 62, Libertytown/New Market. Turn onto 75 North. Proceed 4.5 miles to a right onto Glissans Mill Road. The winery is 4 miles on the right.

People are welcome to do the whole event or part of the event. I always have to put a disclaimer which is I always have the possibility of having to work unexpectedly but if I do everyone else should be able to continue on.

--hide--
Hi Greg! Are you planning on doing these things on two (2) dates? May 4th AND May 11th? If so I'd be interested in meeting you on the 11th. I'm from Baltimore originally and my niece lives in Mt. Airy. Is the baseball game a no go? Of course I'd love to see the NYY and the O's play! Come on you PA, MD, NY, NJ and VA peeps let's get together and have fun meeting up! smile

Apr 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-795597 said: Hi Claudia I think that's a Northern Virginia event!
(Quote) Mary-795597 said:

Hi Claudia I think that's a Northern Virginia event!

--hide--
is there going to be a nova event?
Apr 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-795597 said: Hi Claudia I think that's a Northern Virginia event!
(Quote) Mary-795597 said:

Hi Claudia I think that's a Northern Virginia event!

--hide--
thank you!
Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: is there going to be a nova event?
(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: is there going to be a nova event?
--hide--

Yes, there is a potluck picnic planned for Sky Meadows May 19th at 2pm. Meet at Visitor center Parking. Rain Date is June 2nd.

Apr 30th 2013 new

Oh and some hiking around Sky Meadows too.

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: Oh and some hiking around Sky Meadows too.
(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said:

--hide--

Thank you for letting me know.
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: (Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: Oh and some hiking around Sky Meadows too. <...
(Quote) Claudia-960515 said:
Quote:
Elizabeth-846499 said:

Thank you for letting me know.
--hide--

So here are the planned event for Saturday, May 11th, I am going to The Shrine Of Saint Anthony the and I will be in the Chapel at 10:00 Am until 10:30 am. From the Chapel I am going to have a picnic lunch. After lunch at approximately 11:30 am I am going to go to on a wineries tour. I went to the Linganore Winecellar and enjoyed it so now I want to see what the other wineries are like.

First, I will go to the Loew Vineyards and should get there around noon. After approximately 1 ½ hours I will then go to Elk Run Vineyards which is only about 4 miles from Loew’s.

Loew Vineyards

Wines
Whites—Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Seyval Blanc, Twilight
Rosé—Celebration
Reds—Cabernet Sauvignon, Harvest Red, Classic Red,
Country Classic
Specialties—Raspberry in Grape, Blueberry, Honey & Grape, Apples & Honey

Hours

Fri, 1 to 5 pm
Sat, 10 am to 5 pm
Sun, 1 to 5 pm
Weekdays by appointment
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day & New Year's Day

Directions
14001 Liberty Road, Mt. Airy

From I-70, take Exit 68, Route 27 North. Follow Route 27 for 8 miles to a left onto Route 26 West in Taylorsville. The winery is 5.1 miles on the left, just past the sign for Albaugh Road.

Elk Run Vineyards

Wines
Classic Vinifera,
Whites—Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Gewurztraminer,
Rosé—Dry Rosé, Semi-Sweet Blush
Reds—Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
Dessert—Ice Wine, Port

Hours
April thru November:
Tues–Sat, 10 am to 5 pm
Sun, 1 to 5 pm

Directions
15113 Liberty Road, Mt. Airy

From I-70, take Exit 68, Route 27 North. Follow Route 27 for 8 miles to a left onto Route 26 West in Taylorsville. The winery is 2.5 miles on the right.

Once again people are welcome to join me for whole event of a part of it.

Posts 21 - 30 of 30