Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Really Spooky Storm

04/17/2013 new

So, if the torrential waterfall coming off of my roof starts spinning in a circle outside my patio door and hail is slamming the window. . .is that bad?? No tornado siren going off, but the animals are not too happy lol

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: So, if the torrential waterfall coming off of my roof starts spinning in a circle outside my pat...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

So, if the torrential waterfall coming off of my roof starts spinning in a circle outside my patio door and hail is slamming the window. . .is that bad?? No tornado siren going off, but the animals are not too happy lol

--hide--
Lauren how you doing today? Do you still have the storms? We did all night and day today. It has stopped raining but flooded all over. Thanks fully I live on higher ground, but the lake across the street is up all the way past the bridge and on the grass. Some basements have flooded. Some really badly and a campground entryway is blocked form entering or leaving! Oi! I don't think we will have the drought we had last year unless this is it for the spring. wave Praying hug surfing

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Lauren how you doing today? Do you still have the storms? We did all night and day today. It has s...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Lauren how you doing today? Do you still have the storms? We did all night and day today. It has stopped raining but flooded all over. Thanks fully I live on higher ground, but the lake across the street is up all the way past the bridge and on the grass. Some basements have flooded. Some really badly and a campground entryway is blocked form entering or leaving! Oi! I don't think we will have the drought we had last year unless this is it for the spring.

--hide--

Hi Jane,

Thanks for checking :-). Stormed most of the night but was pretty calm by the time I got up to get ready for work. Rained and hailed like crazy with lots and lots of flooding. The Canadian river which splits Purcell and Lexington from each other is way up and running fast which is always a pleasant sight. A few tornadoes but little damage on the whole last I heard, which is good. Right now though it is cold as all get out lol.

I am really bad about wearing jackets, but I almost always have one or two in my Jeep. Not at the moment, cleaned everything out a few weeks ago, because it is supposed to be spring right??? Walking into the lab this afternoon I really, really wished I had one :-). But, all is well and I am most grateful for the rain. I grew up in the city and drought for us meant water rationing which meant only watering our yards every other day. When we moved to Purcell, I learned what drought really means, when the farm ponds dried up to hard cracked ground and all the foilage was as brown as winter grass. That was actually a bit scary. So perhaps this year will be better. I think we still need more rain, but am happy we've had some. Stay warm and dry!!!

04/18/2013 new

ok glad you're ok! Keep your chin up chickie! rose heart hug

Posts 1 - 4 of 4