Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 19th 2013 new
many prayers for these poor townspeople...

and im gonna say it...why was a plant like that in the center of a town?
Apr 19th 2013 new

Please, Tom (and anyone else), don't go there. It's unnecessary, and unwarranted. Instead of pointing fingers, it's much better to pray for the deceased, the survivors, and their families.

A bit of clarification to the initial news reports: the "plant" was not a manufacturing plant. Instead, it was only a holding and distribution facility, to allow local farmers easy access to the necessary fertilizer for the fields.

When the facility was built many years ago, the town was much further away. The facility was, indeed, "in the country" away from homes and public buildings. As anyone knows, towns grow, and housing and public buildings sprout up amidst existing facilities. The area in that portion of town is "new" ... that's where the town expansion has been for the past several years.

This morning, authorities announced that 12 bodies (souls) have been recovered in the area of the blast. The authorities are still in the "search and rescue" mode, so no additional numbers are being released at this time.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.

Apr 19th 2013 new

sad Praying hug theheart

Apr 19th 2013 new
Praying

Do they know the cause?
Apr 19th 2013 new

Thanks for asking, Cindy

No, there's no information yet. At this time, the investigation is still on-going. The authorities have stated that they won't speculate nor release information prior to the end of the investigation.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sharmayne-801957 said: Thanks for asking, CindyNo, there's no information yet. At this time, the investi...
(Quote) Sharmayne-801957 said:

Thanks for asking, Cindy

No, there's no information yet. At this time, the investigation is still on-going. The authorities have stated that they won't speculate nor release information prior to the end of the investigation.

--hide--

A" former" CM guy who lives in the country just outside of Waco, told me he was visiting his mother that evening and she lives 5-7 miles away from the explosion, they definately felt it. He went on to describe the tragedy!
When he came to visit me last year, one of the places we went was to The OKCity Bombing Memorial . He had never been there but ( I had), I thought I might be able to go "this time" without crying, not so! . When you stand in front of the their actual chair it all floods back over your mind. It is something that forever ties Waco and OKCity together--its overwhelming.

I hope this was not intentional, the timing was un-nerving!

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Sharmayne-801957 said: Please, Tom (and anyone else), don't go there. It's unnecessary, and unwarranted. Instead of point...
(Quote) Sharmayne-801957 said:

Please, Tom (and anyone else), don't go there. It's unnecessary, and unwarranted. Instead of pointing fingers, it's much better to pray for the deceased, the survivors, and their families.

A bit of clarification to the initial news reports: the "plant" was not a manufacturing plant. Instead, it was only a holding and distribution facility, to allow local farmers easy access to the necessary fertilizer for the fields.

When the facility was built many years ago, the town was much further away. The facility was, indeed, "in the country" away from homes and public buildings. As anyone knows, towns grow, and housing and public buildings sprout up amidst existing facilities. The area in that portion of town is "new" ... that's where the town expansion has been for the past several years.

This morning, authorities announced that 12 bodies (souls) have been recovered in the area of the blast. The authorities are still in the "search and rescue" mode, so no additional numbers are being released at this time.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.

--hide--

I am not at all pointing fingers. I am praying for them.Are we going to be blind about this? A mere fire--which could have happened any time--causes an obvious consequence.Any chemical engineer would tell us this. With that type of risk you need a bigger buffer zone betw the populous and the plant.---Maybe making a stink will save other lives. the dead and maimed and their families--our hearts and prayers go out to them. In addition a GIANT WARNING to those living right near plants with unstable substances. Its not just a tragedy---its a warning sign for others.
Apr 20th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 21st 2013 new
Good news, praise God! I heard from a friend tonight that her 92 yr old father was finally located in a Waco hospital. He was one of the names on the "missing" list. He lived in the nursing home. When the blast occurred her was at a window watching the fire. The ceiling fell in on him and the window broke. He wandered out of the building, and was taken by a firefighter/EMT to the football field for care. He's quite banged up with bruises and cuts. My friend got him settled into a different nursing home today. The beautiful thing she described was, that as they settled him in, he asked her about the faces on the pictures on the wall. Nothing is yet on the walls. Apparently, the souls of the faithful departed are visiting him, helping to settle him into a new place. Still praying to hear from of my father's friends.
Apr 21st 2013 new

Being praying since I heard about on wensday. Praying rosary Thank you for making a post of it.

Posts 31 - 40 of 40