Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Only *ONE* correct answer!!
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Only *ONE* correct answer!!

--hide--

"not your Age" ... clap Bow biggrin

04/18/2013 new
No, but then I am trying to figure, just what are you suppose to look like at your age?
04/18/2013 new

We should all strive to look our best at whatever age we are!
It shows respect for ourselves, gratitude to God for the body He blessed us with, and, just like good manners, shows respect for others by showing we care enough to not offend with carelessness, laziness, lack of good hygiene.
"Looking old" seems to happen when people don't keep themselves fit -- although some of my friends say that fat fills out those wrinkles and keeps them looking young! laughing
(Dressing like a teenager does not go over well once you're out of those teen years -- you aren't fooling anyone!)

04/18/2013 new
I've always liked older men and there's just something about a guy with salt and pepper hair. I think men have an advantage in this area as it seems there are a lot of women who don't mind dating older men but not as many men who would date older women. I can see why a lot of women go to the trouble of wanting to look younger, but I always admire women who aren't afraid of growing older and let it show on the outside...I see a lot more women who color their hair then men.
04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The percep...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The perception is that if you look younger you probably take better care of yourself. I've heard how you look and feel about yourself affects your outlook and how you sometimes come across to others.

--hide--
It helps in the job market to look younger. And also to lie about your age! My High School friend's mom is in a retirement home here in Southern Cal, which I call "Jurrasic Park," and she tells me that there are NO help wanted ads on their bulletin board!

04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Joe-890299 said: It helps in the job market to look younger. And also to lie about your age! My High School friend's mom is in...
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

It helps in the job market to look younger. And also to lie about your age! My High School friend's mom is in a retirement home here in Southern Cal, which I call "Jurrasic Park," and she tells me that there are NO help wanted ads on their bulletin board!

--hide--
That is part of what I see as a problem. Our society does not appreciate wisdom of years lived.
04/18/2013 new
I am 42. And no matter how old I look, I am still 42.
04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Joe-890299 said: It helps in the job market to look younger. And also to lie about your age! My High School friend&#...
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

--hide--

So does that mean you Approve of lying about your age? So should you also wear sunglasses to hide behind, to that job interview?

04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No, but then I am trying to figure, just what are you suppose to look like at your age?
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No, but then I am trying to figure, just what are you suppose to look like at your age?
--hide--
Yeah, who decides how old a particular look is? Maybe we could do a survey or something. Go around asking strangers... "how old do you think he or she is" then we make a composite or list of traits. Then we can "scientifically" decide how old everyone looks.
04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: We should all strive to look our best at whatever age we are!It shows respect for ourselves, gratitude to ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

We should all strive to look our best at whatever age we are!
It shows respect for ourselves, gratitude to God for the body He blessed us with, and, just like good manners, shows respect for others by showing we care enough to not offend with carelessness, laziness, lack of good hygiene.
"Looking old" seems to happen when people don't keep themselves fit -- although some of my friends say that fat fills out those wrinkles and keeps them looking young!
(Dressing like a teenager does not go over well once you're out of those teen years -- you aren't fooling anyone!)

--hide--
Ouch, thats sounds a bit judgemental...
Posts 11 - 20 of 46