Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Leticia-318974 said: Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have t...
(Quote) Leticia-318974 said:

Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have to say I am guilty of being totally flattered whenever anyone says I look a lot younger than my age. Why does it matter?

--hide--

No, In fact I am embracing my age, gray and silver hairs and all. I earned them. I just recently bought myself a mug that has the words I am too sexy to be sixty on it and since I am going to turn 53 this fall I feel that it applies to me. mischievous And when I turn sixty I intend to be a sexy and still dress my age.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: No, In fact I am embracing my age, gray and silver hairs and all. I earned them. I j...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

No, In fact I am embracing my age, gray and silver hairs and all. I earned them. I just recently bought myself a mug that has the words I am too sexy to be sixty on it and since I am going to turn 53 this fall I feel that it applies to me. And when I turn sixty I intend to be a sexy and still dress my age.

--hide--

Whoops I left out the word sixty year old lady between sexy and. O and while we are on the topic of age You Are Aware That Mother Mary of The Anninciation Is Celebrating Her Birthday and Today She is Ninety Years Old. So why don't you all drop in on the Fun and Entertainment Room and celebrate it on a Birthday thread that I started in her honor. Post some festive songs if you like and put in some words of your sincerest appreciation for her and all the good she has accomplished. She is living of that old bliblical scripture Acts 20:35"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the word of the Lord Jesus, how he said: It is a more blessed thing to give, rather than to receive."

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: I've always liked older men and there's just something about a guy with salt and pepper hair. I...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said: I've always liked older men and there's just something about a guy with salt and pepper hair. I think men have an advantage in this area as it seems there are a lot of women who don't mind dating older men but not as many men who would date older women. I can see why a lot of women go to the trouble of wanting to look younger, but I always admire women who aren't afraid of growing older and let it show on the outside...I see a lot more women who color their hair then men.
--hide--

Monica, I agree with you about the guys with salt & pepper hair, but I would add gray or white hair & even men who are bald! I think many men age more gracefully in this respect.

I thought I would let my hair go naturally grey, but when it did, it made me look washed out & old. I felt much better when I began coloring it. Some women have beautiful grey or white hair & I admire that. If coloring our hair makes us feel more confident about how we present ourselves, then why not?

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Would any woman on here think a man over 25 wearing baggy jeans hanging down below his crack and...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Would any woman on here think a man over 25 wearing baggy jeans hanging down below his crack and showing inches of underwear was attractive?? He'd look like a fool, even more than those teen boys who dress that way already do. So why would anyone think a woman over 25 should try to dress like a teenager? It's just as silly looking. It's better to find attractive clothing that flatters rather than look foolish. Respect yourself enough to take care of yourself and you will look your best -- there are several people in my church that are in their 70's and 80's and have strong, healthy bodies -- they don't look like they are young, but their bodies are much healthier than the 70yo people who just sit around and don't eat healthfully. You are much more attractive if you care for yourself. Don't worry about age!

--hide--
Rachel Baby...you rock!!

Apr 21st 2013 new

Just wanted to say thasnk you everybody for a great conversation. I enjoyed reading your comments, and was glad to know that are some people that can appreciate laugh lines and silver hair. I hope to be more accepting of my own silvers someday, but for now to the Salon I go.

Blessings to you and yours! Praying wave

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Leticia-318974 said: That is part of what I see as a problem. Our society does not appreciate wisdom of years lived.
(Quote) Leticia-318974 said: That is part of what I see as a problem. Our society does not appreciate wisdom of years lived.
--hide--

You go, girl! That's what I'm saying, thanks!

Posts 41 - 46 of 46