Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Good advice, Lauren. I modify (a) of my previous response -- but send only what...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Good advice, Lauren. I modify (a) of my previous response -- but send only what Lauren suggests: no sob stories, guilt trips, last ditch efforts to convince her what a great guy you are, etc.

--hide--

I agree.
Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Alexander-571604 said: I didn't mean to generalize and imply "all women are the same...
(Quote) Alexander-571604 said:

I didn't mean to generalize and imply "all women are the same.". Perhaps I should have taken more time in developing this topic before I posted it. The rest of what you said makes sense though, as I've been guilty of idling on CM as well.

--hide--

Also, my I-Phone, I think, keeps me logged in sometimes while it is 'riding' around in my purse. boggled
Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I can't speak for Angela, but if I understand her response correctly, her comment on general...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

I can't speak for Angela, but if I understand her response correctly, her comment on generalizing was prompted by your question, "Do women have a tendency..." Such questions (and their counterparts asked about men) are very common int he forums, often asked by those who are frustrated by a string of encounters (or attempted encounters) where the other parties exhibited a common, undesired characteristic.

In many cases common stereotypes about male or female behavior are, in fact, somewhat accurate. But even if 99.9% of all women behave in a certain way for a certain reason, it is irrelevant to you if the woman you are interacting with is one who falls outside the stereotype, right? And since you don't know whether the stereotype applies to her, assuming it does may lead you very far astray.

It's best to treat each person as an individual. And don't worry about trying to figure out why the (don't) do something: just respond to their acts the way you'd like another person to respond if you acted in that manner and you'll usually be fine.

--hide--

Here's two more cents from me...yes, I agree because you are being you, doing the best you can to follow the golden rule and so if it comes off wrong to her then you may not well be suited for each other anyway due to personality differences, etc. Trying to second guess someone and act accordingly would be very hard to keep up for an extended period of time--not to mention exhausting and 'not real'.
Apr 20th 2013 new

Why don't you email her your phone number and a block of time when you are sure to be available to talk?

Posts 11 - 14 of 14