Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This is interesting... Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston "President Obama thanke...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This is interesting...

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

"President Obama thanked President Putin for those sentiments, and praised the close cooperation that the United States has received from Russia on counter-terrorism, including in the wake of the Boston attack," the statement said. "The two leaders agreed to continue our cooperation on counter-terrorism and security issues going forward."

thecable.foreignpolicy.com
--hide--

Mary: Did you hear that the older brother was apparently being influenced by a recently converted muslim of Armenian
decent? The older brother's wrestling coach said several years ago the student started to become very radical about
religion. This was developing in our country, even though the boys had Russian backgrounds. My point is that
Putin did not and could not help too much. No Kudos to Putin even though Obama tried to give them to him.

Apr 20th 2013 new

How are Americans going to protect them selves Obama NO its the

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne. "U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report th...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne.

"U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report that a group of 25 Chechen terrorists illegally entered the United States from Mexico in July."

www.washingtontimes.com
--hide--

Mary: That is very interesting that it mentions in Russia, awhile back, Chechyna's rebels attacked a school and
300 children were killed and 700 injured.

This kind of mayhem is not restricted to the US. Truthfully, I hadn't heard about school bombings in other countries
on the magnitude of this Russian one.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: This is interesting... Obama thanks Putin for help in Bost...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: This is interesting...

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

"President Obama thanked President Putin for those sentiments, and praised the close cooperation that the United States has received from Russia on counter-terrorism, including in the wake of the Boston attack," the statement said. "The two leaders agreed to continue our cooperation on counter-terrorism and security issues going forward."

thecable.foreignpolicy.com

Mary: Did you hear that the older brother was apparently being influenced by a recently converted muslim of Armenian
decent? The older brother's wrestling coach said several years ago the student started to become very radical about
religion. This was developing in our country, even though the boys had Russian backgrounds. My point is that
Putin did not and could not help too much. No Kudos to Putin even though Obama tried to
give them to him.

--hide--
I don't trust Obama's chummy relationship with Putin. Remember this - www.youtube.com
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: Did you hear that the older brother was apparently being influenced by a recently converte...

religion. This was developing in our country, even though the boys had Russian
backgrounds. My point is that
Putin did not and could not help too much. No Kudos to Putin even though Obama tried to give them to him.

--hide--
I didn't hear that but felt the older one might have been the initial culprit who recruited/ruined his younger brother (vs. simultaneous recruitment).

Although it would have been ideal to have both brothers alive for interrogation, it's a blessing that the older brother died vs the younger. The 19 yr. old won't be as experienced or crafty at outsmarting authorities' interrogations. Heck, this younger brother drove over his dying brother's body to escape. If he'd do that to his brother to save his own butt, maybe he'll turn on others associated with these events.
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne. "U.S. security officials are invest...

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne.

"U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report that a group of 25 Chechen terrorists illegally entered the United States from Mexico in July."

www.washingtontimes.com

Mary: That is very interesting that it mentions in Russia, awhile back, Chechyna's rebels attacked a school and
300 children were killed and 700 injured.

This kind of mayhem is not restricted to the US. Truthfully, I hadn't heard about school bombings in other countries
on the magnitude of this Russian one.

--hide--
I didn't recall/realize the number of fatalities/wounded were that high. It's savage and sickening. Raw evil.

The article's salient point for me is that our unsecured border is an open invitation for terrorism.

www.youtube.com
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I didn't recall/realize the number of fatalities/wounded were that high. It's savage and sickenin...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I didn't recall/realize the number of fatalities/wounded were that high. It's savage and sickening. Raw evil.

The article's salient point for me is that our unsecured border is an open invitation for terrorism.

www.youtube.com
--hide--

Mary: Today before the baseball game at Fenway Park, they took a minute to remember what happened in Boston,
and said that there were 176 people wounded, including the cop. This didn't include the dead.

Did you hear that figure about the wounded? I had no idea it was that high either.

Border security is more and more important. The Government just isn't listening. Good fences make good neighbors.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is very eerie, John. Thanks for posting your well researched answer from your professor.

That is very eerie, John. Thanks for posting your well researched answer from your professor.

The Uncle of the boys said he was told that an Armenian Muslim was influencing the older brother very much. And the
wrestling coach of the older brother said that several years ago, all the older brother began talking about was religion
and injustice.

It seems the older brother was schooled in jihad, but in this country.

--hide--

The Muslim community in the U.S. needs to focus on keeping its youth from becoming susceptible to this sort of extremism. I have a politically influential Muslim friend who I spoke with about it and he agreed.
Apr 20th 2013 new

Anyone read material by Frank Kitson? I've been thinking about doing so lately. The bombings in Boston look like a good example of low-intensity warfare.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: The Muslim community in the U.S. needs to focus on keeping its youth from becoming susceptible to this s...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

The Muslim community in the U.S. needs to focus on keeping its youth from becoming susceptible to this sort of extremism. I have a politically influential Muslim friend who I spoke with about it and he agreed.
--hide--
Precisely! As the legal adage states, "Silence constitutes Acceptance".
Posts 11 - 20 of 34