Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: Today before the baseball game at Fenway Park, they took a minute to remember what happened i...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Mary: Today before the baseball game at Fenway Park, they took a minute to remember what happened in Boston,
and said that there were 176 people wounded, including the cop. This didn't include the dead.

Did you hear that figure about the wounded? I had no idea it was that high either.

Border security is more and more important. The Government just isn't listening. Good fences make good neighbors.

--hide--
Oh, my comment referenced the number of children/people killed and injured during the pro-Chechnya Muslim terrorists attack on a school in Russia. In 2004 more than 1,000 people were taken hostage (777 of them were children) and 330/380 (reports differ) people died. rt.com

I was (roughly) aware of the number of injured in Boston. I expected the actual number of injuries to be greater than the initial reports.
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, my comment referenced the number of children/people killed and injured during the pro-Chechnya Muslim terrorist...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, my comment referenced the number of children/people killed and injured during the pro-Chechnya Muslim terrorists attack on a school in Russia. In 2004 more than 1,000 people were taken hostage (777 of them were children) and 330/380 (reports differ) people died. rt.com

--hide--
The Beslan School Massacre

On September 1, 2004, a group of heavily armed Muslim Terrorists stormed into School No. 1 in Beslan, Russia. For three days, more than a thousand children and adults were held hostage in a sweltering gymnasium, denied food and water, and forced to keep their hands over their heads. The harrowing siege ended on September 3 with a series of explosions and a hail of gunfire that killed some 350 people - half of them children. In this film, the youngest survivors of Beslan tell their story.

www.youtube.com
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: The Beslan School Massacre On September 1, 2004, a group of heavily armed Muslim Terrorists ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: The Beslan School Massacre

On September 1, 2004, a group of heavily armed Muslim Terrorists stormed into School No. 1 in Beslan, Russia. For three days, more than a thousand children and adults were held hostage in a sweltering gymnasium, denied food and water, and forced to keep their hands over their heads. The harrowing siege ended on September 3 with a series of explosions and a hail of gunfire that killed some 350 people - half of them children. In this film, the youngest survivors of Beslan tell their story.

www.youtube.com
--hide--
Actual footage -

BESLAN HOSTAGE OPERATION MUJAHIDEEN VIDEO 1 - www.youtube.com
Apr 20th 2013 new
The Chechen terrorists' have long had a particularly vicious reputation. Their ancestors have been known as warriors centuries.

It took the Russians almost 50 years to defeat the Chechens and subdue them in the 19th century.

Knowing this I was particularly shocked when I heard that the Boston bombers were Chechens. This marks the first time any significant terrorist attack has been undertaken by ethnic Chechens outside of Russia that I have been able to learn about.

They have, however, fought with the Taliban and al-Qaida in Afghanistan.
Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Actual footage - BESLAN HOSTAGE OPERATION MUJAHIDEEN VIDEO 1 - www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Actual footage -

BESLAN HOSTAGE OPERATION MUJAHIDEEN VIDEO 1 - www.youtube.com
--hide--

Mary: With so many things to entertain people in this day and age, it is a wonder why such barbaric pursuits are
still so prevalent? It is barbaric. That is the only way to describe it.

I remember a movie theatre taken over by a merciless terrorists about 4 or 5 years ago somewhere on the other
side of the world. They were dressed like the terrorists in the school.

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: With so many things to entertain people in this day and age, it is a wonder why such barbaric...

Mary: With so many things to entertain people in this day and age, it is a wonder why such barbaric pursuits are

I remember a movie theatre taken over by a merciless terrorists about 4 or 5 years ago somewhere on the other

--hide--

Human nature has always had a barbaric streak. You should read about the Zimbardo study in the 1970s. www.youtube.com
Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary: With so many things to entertain people in this day and age, it is a wonder why ...

--hide--

The Boston bombings look like a strategy of tension, Gladio-style event.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Human nature has always had a barbaric streak. You should read about the Zimbardo study in the 19...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Human nature has always had a barbaric streak. You should read about the Zimbardo study in the 1970s. www.youtube.com
--hide--

Yes, John, I know that human nature has a barbaric streak.

Thank you for that video. I knew about the experiment, but was glad to see the video.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The Boston bombings look like a strategy of tension, Gladio-style event.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The Boston bombings look like a strategy of tension, Gladio-style event.

--hide--

Sean: One tv station news reports that the younger brother said they were going to have more bombings. The next tv
station news says they think this was an isolated situation and only let reports about this being as such.

This is all very revealing about the actual slanting of the news.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The Muslim community in the U.S. needs to focus on keeping its youth from becoming susceptible to...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

The Muslim community in the U.S. needs to focus on keeping its youth from becoming susceptible to this sort of extremism. I have a politically influential Muslim friend who I spoke with about it and he agreed.
--hide--

John, Congressman Peter King said this morning that this is only 1 of a total of 5 times the FBI, under Homeland Security,
has let the ball drop and not followed up on incidents that turned out to have serious consequences as far as terrorist
attacks go.

Have you heard this before? Do you think it is true? I wonder what were the other 4 attacks that the FBI
had initially investigated?

Posts 21 - 30 of 34