Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

How can you tell a person who is actually registered from the people who created a profile and are either inactive or never fully joined in the first place?

I just would like to avoid wasting time sending messages/emotes to people who won't see them. I'm assuming that there is no way to get around it, but was hoping maybe someone on here would have a tip.

Thanks,

Chris

Apr 19th 2013 new

Yeah, same problem here, Chris. It sure is frustrating not knowing whether or not someone is registered especially when I'm really interested. I wonder why registry status can't just be included on profiles boggled

Apr 19th 2013 new
One way to tell is to check their posts -- if there are no posts in the forums, they may not be a paid member.
Apr 19th 2013 new

Rachel, with all due respect, I disagree with you. From my experience, the same 30ish people post all over the forums and not many others. I have to believe there are more than 30 or so registered members here. Maybe that's just the random posts I read.

The best advise I can give is in the first section of someone's profile it says when that person was active last. It might say something like "active this week" or "active over three weeks ago". If the person isn't recently active chances are they won't respond. I have found no good way to tell if someone is registered or not. Also, they may be registered and simply choose not to respond to your message.

Chris and Andy, best of luck in your search.

Apr 19th 2013 new

This isn't a guarantee at all, but when I do a search, under miscellaneous, there's a selection for "active in the last" and I choose 60 days. It doesn't mean they are currently a paid member, but it does mean they've been on CM recently. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Christopher-546242 said: How can you tell a person who is actually registered from the people who created a profile ...
(Quote) Christopher-546242 said:

How can you tell a person who is actually registered from the people who created a profile and are either inactive or never fully joined in the first place?

I just would like to avoid wasting time sending messages/emotes to people who won't see them. I'm assuming that there is no way to get around it, but was hoping maybe someone on here would have a tip.

Thanks,

Chris

--hide--

Chris,

Let me answer your question with a question. If you sent a message to a women and she was not a subscriber but she saw your profile and was interested in you so she subscribed in order to read and respond to your message would you still consider a "waste of time?"

There is member story after member story of this happening scenario because people use the site in different ways. Some don't subscribe until they see a few people they are interested in. Other subscribe for awhile and then take a break and come back. Everyone is different which is why sending a quick not can't ever hurt and you just never know.

I also encourage you to read through some of the success stories as you will find that people become a match for so many different reason and in so many different way. www.catholicmatch.com

Apr 19th 2013 new

Thank you so much for the tip on "active in the last", that is the best answer to this problem.

While I respect the idea that, from a marketing perspective, people who are active on this site can bring in the people who created a profile but haven't paid yet, I was just hoping for some method to distinguish between the two groups.

If I know someone is an active member, then I'm going to take some time to write them a more detailed hello that shows I read their profile and am truly intersted in getting to know them. If they are not, a simple "hello" or generic "Chris has reviewed your profile" would suffice. I was not implying that I would ignore or consider talking to the inactive people a waste of time. I'd just rather talk in shorter sentences to them ;)

See my point?

Apr 19th 2013 new

My thought: just because you know somebody is a paying member is no guarantee that you will get any kind of response back from them. On the other hand, just because somebody is not a paid member doesn't mean they aren't on the fence about joining as a full member, and your message to them might be just what it takes to get them to ante up and send back a nice response. If the person is interesting to you, take a few moments and send a short note... it isn't really that huge of an investment in time, and you just might be pleasantly surprised.

Apr 19th 2013 new
Totally get your point, I would counter with the fact that they can't see your message. All they see is "Chris sent you a message, want to sign up to view?"
Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Christopher-546242 said: Totally get your point, I would counter with the fact that they can't see your message. All th...
(Quote) Christopher-546242 said: Totally get your point, I would counter with the fact that they can't see your message. All they see is "Chris sent you a message, want to sign up to view?"
--hide--

They can't see your message, but they can see and read your profile, and that coupled with the fact you sent that message (that they can't read, yet) might just do it for them... you'll never know if you don't try.

Posts 1 - 10 of 25