Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

No One Contacts Me

Apr 19th 2013 new

How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then I was told to contact men, did this. Not one single man has contacted me in the two months I have been on this site. I am an attractive, active woman with lots to offer. What do men want ? How to I start a conversation with a man on this site? rolling eyes

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-880877 said: How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then...
(Quote) Lois-880877 said:

How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then I was told to contact men, did this. Not one single man has contacted me in the two months I have been on this site. I am an attractive, active woman with lots to offer. What do men want ? How to I start a conversation with a man on this site?

--hide--
Hi Lois, well you could start by telling me about your British motorcycles, your favorite photographer, the best History book you've read this year, what you feel to have been JP II's most important ideas, what (in your opinion) was the funniest Callahan's story, the death of the Blue State model, your funniest story about kids, etc. .....

Or, you could just send a note , perhaps with a question, and see where it goes....

Kidding aside, a conversation can start anywhere, about anything. Keep sending contacts, the guys who are right for you will answer.

Apr 19th 2013 new

Lois this is Bernie.

Bernie this is Lois.

;-) ;-) ;-)

Apr 20th 2013 new
Lois, my experience has been the same and I joined many months ago. I am told that men are lazy and just like to look. I am told it just takes time. I am told just keep trying. And all of these things are probably true. But please know that I understand how you are feeling. It doesn't change anything but you are not alone, if that makes you feel better.
Apr 20th 2013 new

Very good, Joyce!!! I was thinking the same thing wink

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-880877 said: How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then...
(Quote) Lois-880877 said:

How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then I was told to contact men, did this. Not one single man has contacted me in the two months I have been on this site. I am an attractive, active woman with lots to offer. What do men want ? How to I start a conversation with a man on this site?

--hide--

Lois, I don't want you to be depressed when I say this, but there is no written time frame for success on this site.. I have been here 8 years..I have seen people find their match in the first week they were here and I have seen others still here after 12 years.. I have recently begun a nice friendship with a guy who popped up on my mutual matches just a few days after I posted that the mutual matches was an abject failure for me.. laughing So far he is everything I have been posting I wanted for the last 8 years. Patience is a virtue..

Apr 20th 2013 new

Sorry things are not going as you hoped.

I agree with everyone above--you have to just keep trying, and reaching out.

But one thing I notice on your profile which could be part of your issue, and that is you don't accept several teachings of the faith, and I don't know who you are contacting, but if they for example believe the Pope is in falliable when he speaks infalliably, and you don't that can be a big difference, as this is a Catholic website.

Perhaps you could explore those issues more, making your a better match for someone who accepts all the teachings of the faith.

If not, and you are looking for people who share your views, when you search, search for someone who believes in "most" or "some" of the teachings of the faith. Maybe that way you find those (and there are many on here) who share your world view, and might be more likely to respond.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: Lois this is Bernie. Bernie this is Lois. ;-) ;-) ;-)
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

Lois this is Bernie.

Bernie this is Lois.

;-) ;-) ;-)

--hide--

clap Wolf Whistle There ya go!!!

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have recently begun a nice friendship with a guy who popped up on my mutual matche...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I have recently begun a nice friendship with a guy who popped up on my mutual matches just a few days after I posted that the mutual matches was an abject failure for me.. So far he is everything I have been posting I wanted for the last 8 years. Patience is a virtue..

--hide--

clap Praying

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Yes I have to totally agree with you Pat on this one too.

For me believing in all of the seven Church's teachings is so very important. With that said one can only hope and pray that HE will help us to meet the right one(s). Keeping our wonderful Catholic Faith and practicing it everyday is also so very important. Just need to keep praying and God will eventually answer our prayers. In due time we will hear from someone. Even if it is just a short emot.

Good luck to all not only on this CM website but also in life itself. Take each day as it comes. God will answer our prayers and needs. God Bless you all. Praying rosary

Posts 1 - 10 of 133