Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Sheila-953093 said: Very good, Joyce!!! I was thinking the same thing
(Quote) Sheila-953093 said:

Very good, Joyce!!! I was thinking the same thing

--hide--

I'll 2nd that ;o) ;o) smile

Apr 24 new

(Quote) MicheleShelly-873396 said: Lois, my experience has been the same and I joined many months ago. I am told that men are lazy ...
(Quote) MicheleShelly-873396 said: Lois, my experience has been the same and I joined many months ago. I am told that men are lazy and just like to look. I am told it just takes time. I am told just keep trying. And all of these things are probably true. But please know that I understand how you are feeling. It doesn't change anything but you are not alone, if that makes you feel better.
--hide--
Who said that men are lazy?

I'd write more but it's time for a nap..... fluffy

Well, MicheleShelly, patience is the key word here. Yes, it does take time to be noticed. Think of CM as a tool kit. Using as many of the tools as possible will increase your chances of being noticed and contacted. There are different approaches, and some more suitable to a member's personality. But, the key is to participate. The forums are especially good because people reveal a lot about themselves -- their temperament, their ideas/concepts, views, knowledge (or sometimes the lack of same).

Patience plus hope.....

Also, there's nothing wrong with taking the initiative and sending an emote with a brief but personal message to members of the male species. It can't hurt.

Apr 28 new

Lois - SNAP! rolling eyes

Apr 28 new
I would keep posting and enjoying conversing with members, male and female. Get involved in a variety of the fora topics and hang in there!
May 15 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I would keep posting and enjoying conversing with members, male and female. Get involved in a variety of t...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I would keep posting and enjoying conversing with members, male and female. Get involved in a variety of the fora topics and hang in there!
--hide--

Hi Meg! You reached out to me and we are conversing which is a first step. Perhaps I am being too picky, or have something on my profile that makes possible matches not reply, but I guess it is better to get some of those big issues out of the way earlier rather than later. laughing

Jerry

May 15 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I would keep posting and enjoying conversing with members, male and female. Get involved in a variety of t...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I would keep posting and enjoying conversing with members, male and female. Get involved in a variety of the fora topics and hang in there!
--hide--
I agree with you Meg. Keep trying to know people on this website. I will continue and I would participate in forums too. Good luck everybody with their search and God direct us to find a good friend.

May 18 new
i know what you mean. i never thought i would be here either . i just prayed about it and thought i would try. it would be such a blessing to find someone. I pray God will Bless us all.
May 18 new
(quote) Ray-566531 said: Who said that men are lazy? I'd write more but it's time for a nap..... Well, MicheleShelly, patience is the key word here. Yes, it does take time to be noticed. Think of CM as a tool kit. Using as many of the tools as possible will increase your chances of being noticed and contacted. There are different approaches, and some more suitable to a member's personality. But, the key is to participate. The forums are especially good because people reveal a lot about themselves -- their temperament, their ideas/concepts, views, knowledge (or sometimes the lack of same). Patience plus hope..... Also, there's nothing wrong with taking the initiative and sending an emote with a brief but personal message to members of the male species. It can't hurt.
Thank you, Ray. I apologize if I offended anyone by saying men are lazy. Tat was something told to me by someone who has been on this site for a significant amount of time. It was said in reference to the impression they had that many men do not answer emotes or messages. And although I would not be so blunt as to make that statement on my own, I do agree that seems some men are not good at returning messages. I have in fact sent out messages to men and none of them have received an answer. No one even took the time to say that they weren't 't interested in beginning a relationship. And I am not just clicking a button, but am instead taking the time to create a thoughtfully constructed message that comments on something either in the profile or their pictures. The messages are not lengthy or overly pushy, but just conversation starters. I would describe them as a compliment, an observation and an invitation to respond. They are fairly short but more than an emote. But no one responds. I do have patience so I'm sure that will serve me well. My biggest stumbling block I think is lack of experience. When I married Ben it required immense patience on my part - one date a year for three years then 2 dates later a ring and 5 months later the wedding. No logic involved but a true assurance that everything was meant to be. And 37 years of happiness bore that illogical decision out as the right one for both of us. But that kind of dating history does not prepare someone for how to begin anew. So now I am just feeling things out and trying to understand the process. I appreciate your feedback.
May 18 new
And I hope that does sound pushy or righteous, but the reply was beginning to feel lengthy so I tried to keep it short. Also I am beginning to notice that my writing may sound somewhat formal and that may not be as inviting as some who seem to be able to infuse their responses with causal humor. I NEVER COULD tell a joke to save my life! rolling eyes eyebrow Maybe God hasn't finished preparing me for what is to come next. Ad as a side note, I don't always sound so stuffy in person. I teach teenagers all day so I can talk comfortably and honestly with them as well. As I said, I'm just out of practice on this playing field. faint wide eyed angel
May 18 new
And I hope that does sound pushy or righteous, but the reply was beginning to feel lengthy so I tried to keep it short. Also I am beginning to notice that my writing may sound somewhat formal and that may not be as inviting as some who seem to be able to infuse their responses with causal humor. I NEVER COULD tell a joke to save my life! rolling eyes eyebrow Maybe God hasn't finished preparing me for what is to come next. Ad as a side note, I don't always sound so stuffy in person. I teach teenagers all day so I can talk comfortably and honestly with them as well. As I said, I'm just out of practice on this playing field. faint wide eyed angel
Posts 11 - 20 of 133