Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 24th 2014 new
(quote) Robert-863708 said: Being a bit of stick in the mud, I know that responding to women is hard for some men. You are a pretty woman indeed, yet there are guys who are "Just looking" and nothing more. The general understanding from these guys is that some women here talk a good game, but are not what the profile states. If you are looking for a man who is faithful to church teachings the place to look is no further than your local parish. That is if there are single men there. Some parishes are loaded with married men and very few single ones. God tends to drop one your way from time to time, but perhaps you may not consider them the right choice. Keep at it and I hope all works out well. My prayers go with you.
Robert thank you so much for the reply. First question,the general understanding from these guys is that some women here talk a good game, but are not what the profile states. How do they know that? Do they get to know them well enough to find out? and number two, If you are looking for a man who is faithful to church teachings the place to look is no further than your local parish. That is if there are single men there. Some parishes are loaded with married men and very few single ones. God tends to drop one your way from time to time, but perhaps you may not consider them the right choice. Do you suggest we post a notice for eligible men? If you believe what you have written, why are you on CM, just to pass the time away?
Mar 25th 2014 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: How would I feel? If he explained the reason, told us why, and how he looked in comparison to the most recent photo, I would be just fine with that because I am not here for looks. If I am looking at a photo, my eyes are looking for a kind face, gentle eyes, a nice smile. Those things don't change with age. If you look at the photo I indicated, where I have long brown hair and was wearing a white outfit, I was somewhat overweight there. My hair is the same. It's long, and brown, same style. I might weigh 15 lbs more. I have been fortunate in that I have not developed facial wrinkles. I think older photos are better than no photos at all, but maybe not here.

And anyone here who feels somewhat self conscious due to weight, baldness, grey hair, etc please feel free to write me. I don't make judgments based on those things.

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare

I thought of this quote while reading many of the posts written by concerned CMers on this thread. I know if I look through my photo album I will find a very nice photo of myself when I was in my youth, but honestly, the purpose of the photo is to let the potential gent know how you look today. People say looks don't matter -- they do matter, and being honest with oneself is where to start. Truly, make an effort to get someone to help you post a nice up-to-date photo of yourself. You are an attractive lady.

I am a 62 year old woman who wants to look my age. I love my silver hair and I too as yourself, keep up my appearance. We should all be happy with ourselves as God our Creator intended it to be. I can't begin to tell you how many people (family too) have suggested I dye my hair and put on fake nails. What is the purpose of that? My hair is beautiful and fake nails get in my way of typing fast and cleaning my house. I find clean well groomed nails are healthier and more attractive. This of course is my opinion and that is all well and good for me, and it's ok if other women don't think the way I do. However, the person I hope to meet in the future will think the way I do, and won't demand I dye my hair and wear those silly things on my nails. We need to be straight forward since we are all here to find the person we hope to marry and live till death do us part.

Peace to all.

Mar 25th 2014 new
(quote) Nilda-834707 said:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare

I thought of this quote while reading many of the posts written by concerned CMers on this thread. I know if I look through my photo album I will find a very nice photo of myself when I was in my youth, but honestly, the purpose of the photo is to let the potential gent know how you look today. People say looks don't matter -- they do matter, and being honest with oneself is where to start. Truly, make an effort to get someone to help you post a nice up-to-date photo of yourself. You are an attractive lady.

I am a 62 year old woman who wants to look my age. I love my silver hair and I too as yourself, keep up my appearance. We should all be happy with ourselves as God our Creator intended it to be. I can't begin to tell you how many people (family too) have suggested I dye my hair and put on fake nails. What is the purpose of that? My hair is beautiful and fake nails get in my way of typing fast and cleaning my house. I find clean well groomed nails are healthier and more attractive. This of course is my opinion and that is all well and good for me, and it's ok if other women don't think the way I do. However, the person I hope to meet in the future will think the way I do, and won't demand I dye my hair and wear those silly things on my nails. We need to be straight forward since we are all here to find the person we hope to marry and live till death do us part.

Peace to all.

Beautifully said.
Posts 131 - 133 of 133