Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: I'm starting to wonder if there is something on MY profile causing people to shy away.
Seriously--could someone check it out and see if there is something I should change or take another look at?
Jun 8th 2013 new
Your photos appear to be over 20 years old, don't know if that is the problem, just an observation

Forgive me if I am off the mark sorry
Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Your photos appear to be over 20 years old, don't know if that is the problem, just an observation

Forgive me if I am off the mark  
The information you provide is difficult to follow - much effort required to sort out - but it's probably me :) sorry

Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: I don't know.
I never tried to.
laughing that makes at least two of us!
Jun 8th 2013 new
Some are older but I haven't scanned in any in a long time since I have no scanner now and don't know how to upload things from my camera. The one that is labeled #2 where I am standing with 3 other people is the most recent and I look very similar today. That one is about ten years old. I still have the same long brown hair and haven't developed any hideous mutations since that time that I am aware of, lol. But I understand that older photos can make some people pause. Truly though, I am not trying to hide anything. Just technologically challenged since my husband died.
Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: The information you provide is difficult to follow - much effort required to sort out - but it's probably me :) sorry

In what way did you mean? Maybe I can clear it up some.
Jun 8th 2013 new
Nobody contact me either. I figure I am invisible, but that is okay. I have made lots of firends and I enjoy looking at the forums once in awhile. When I was in Germany, those friends meant all to me. Many are no longer here, but we keep in touch.

I think the problem is twofold. First, I am old fashioned. I think that a man should approach a girl first and make an effort. Second, I think online dating tends to give men the false sense that women will do all of the work. Then there are those looking for options. I have appreciated being able to look at the banter back and forth, but I wonder if I am helplessly outdated. Maybe. I just know that one day someone worthwhile will find their way to me--probably not online--and I will find my way to him and we will be better together than apart.In the meantime, I am not putting my eggs in this basket or any other basket. I am living my life and believing...that's all.
Jun 8th 2013 new
It should read contacts me...laugh
Jun 8th 2013 new
It's actually fine with me I'm just hear for the forums. I gave up meeting anyone on this site a while back.
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: Some are older but I haven't scanned in any in a long time since I have no scanner now and don't know how to upload things from my camera. The one that is labeled #2 where I am standing with 3 other people is the most recent and I look very similar today. That one is about ten years old. I still have the same long brown hair and haven't developed any hideous mutations since that time that I am aware of, lol. But I understand that older photos can make some people pause. Truly though, I am not trying to hide anything. Just technologically challenged since my husband died.
The most recent one is 10 years old? Ok.

I definitely think that is a big turnoff with most every man here. You would do better not posting any, but that would get you next to no interest too. So, it's up to you.

I feel for you, but since you want attention now, you need to find a way to step into the now. If you feel you don't know how to get photos up that are current, then have someone help you. Try the folks at your local parish or at a local media/copy center, or your daughter or a co-worker can help you.

As for your profile, and what it says, well you are the only one that should be writing/updating/modifying it. It should be written factually and in your own words. Doctoring it to be more appealing will just not go over well in the long run. So, I am sorry I can't help you there.
Posts 41 - 50 of 133