Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 10th 2013 new
I agree that posting current pictures is part of being honest. It also has the advantage of getting one's profile on the main page with "recent photo updates." I try not to judge those who seem to have trouble with it though; I know that even with an IT background, I often have to struggle with the use of web sites.
Jun 10th 2013 new
I have to admit I found the insinuation that I am lying or hiding something offensive. And my goodness, what if I DID have gray hair (I don't) or were a bald male that had an older photo up in which he still had hair. I would in no way hold that against him, as I am not here looking for Mr Hottie, or worried about someone having some gray hair or wrinkles since their last photo. I don't care of they have some extra pounds either. I admitted in my profile that I am a bit curvy but have lost a great deal of weight since my husband's passing and continue to lose more, and it is not this that keeps me from posting a current photo. I am not ashamed of my appearance--I am clean, feminine, dress nicely, smell nice, etc. I am sincerely technologically challenged.

I asked my youngest son this morning if he would help me get some current shots and upload them and he said he would. But I have to admit, after some of these responses, I am a bit nervous, since it seems so important to some folks whether I might have a gray hair, extra pounds, etc and hence be a "liar", even though I honestly described myself.
Jun 10th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: What's 'crazy' about thinking 10 year old pics being the newest ones she has up being inappropriate?
We've all encountered profiles in which someone describes themselves as dark haired when their up-to-date pics or in-person appearance shows white or gray hair or a bald pate.
Or someone describes himself or herself as athletic or average-build, and they actually are 100 pounds overweight.
Those are lies -- sometimes unintentional,sometimes not -- but they are misrepresenting themselves.
This does not mean that looks are the most important thing!
But we expect honesty in the profiles.
When we encounter 'dishonesty', be it in fake or old pictures or in 'exaggerated' self-description or in 'stretching the truth' about your activities or beliefs, we are put off and don't bother looking further at that profile -- if someone has shown him/herself to be not 'honest', why consider them at all?
We move on to another profile.
If you want people to take an interest in you, be honest in all ways, as you want others to be in theirs.
There have been quite a few stories shared of people misrepresenting themselves just to get interest or a f2f meeting, and how betrayed the lied to people felt.
Just get up-to-date pictures and be honest -- don't get offended by people wanting to see the 'real' you in your words and pictures.
And I told no lies in my profile. I clearly indicated the ages of my children, my own age, my true hair and eye color, I didn't say I was "athletic" or had an "average" build. What I AM saying is, if I meat a man on CM and he turned out to be 20 lb heavier than perhaps he appeared in his most recent photo, I sure would not feel lied to. When I met my husband, I outweighed him by a few pounds (he was not a big guy) and he loved me deeply. He didn't march me over to the nearest scale. He didn't ask if I were lying to him by coloring my hair to hide any grey locks.

And I assure you that anything I posted about my faith, my beliefs, etc is absolutely true--in fact I haven't posted anything that wasn't true.
Jun 10th 2013 new
Kerry, look at it from the other perspective. How would you feel if a 50-year-old man posted a photo he took of himself when he was 35? Wouldn't you be disappointed when you met him and found that he wasn't what you had been led to expect? The purpose of photos is to show how we look now, not how we used to look. It's also one of those things that starts to cause problems the more the concept gets stretched. On another site, people started posting avatars instead of photos, which started to annoy other forum members as the avatars started to get stranger and stranger. "I don't really care to talk to a can of beans," was a typical comment. Eventually I think the management stepped in and asked that the avatars be removed. Hey, I have a photo on my credit card that must be 15-20 years old. For some strange reason, the bank has never asked me to update it. They just keep sending me new cards with the old picture. One day I am going to go in there and insist that they take a new picture, before someone says to me, "Gramps, why are you using your son's credit card?"
Jun 10th 2013 new
How would I feel? If he explained the reason, told us why, and how he looked in comparison to the most recent photo, I would be just fine with that because I am not here for looks. If I am looking at a photo, my eyes are looking for a kind face, gentle eyes, a nice smile. Those things don't change with age. If you look at the photo I indicated, where I have long brown hair and was wearing a white outfit, I was somewhat overweight there. My hair is the same. It's long, and brown, same style. I might weigh 15 lbs more. I have been fortunate in that I have not developed facial wrinkles. I think older photos are better than no photos at all, but maybe not here.

And anyone here who feels somewhat self conscious due to weight, baldness, grey hair, etc please feel free to write me. I don't make judgments based on those things.
Jun 10th 2013 new
I believe, and I may be wrong, but no matter what,

we will still have Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it !!!
Jun 10th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I believe, and I may be wrong, but no matter what,

we will still have Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it !!!
biggrin wave
Jul 30th 2013 new
Lois online dating is different than meeting someone in person. Potential mates miss many out on many humanistic qualities one may have to offer. Sometimes it can be based too much on superficial qualities
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Lois-880877 said:

How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then I was told to contact men, did this. Not one single man has contacted me in the two months I have been on this site. I am an attractive, active woman with lots to offer. What do men want ? How to I start a conversation with a man on this site?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Be patient...all good things come to those who wait!!!
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Lois-880877 said:

How does anyone meet a man on this site? I was told go to blogs and write things. I did this. Then I was told to contact men, did this. Not one single man has contacted me in the two months I have been on this site. I am an attractive, active woman with lots to offer. What do men want ? How to I start a conversation with a man on this site?

They want a younger woman ....and they want her to be trim fit and fertile in many cases. they read the age next to our photos and then eliminate us for the age first.
Posts 61 - 70 of 133