Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Patty-361409 said: Lois online dating is different than meeting someone in person. Potential mates miss many out on many humanistic qualities one may have to offer. Sometimes it can be based too much on superficial qualities
Thank you Patty. It is easy to forget this, especially after 9 years!
Aug 3rd 2013 new
Not Me.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: They want a younger woman ....and they want her to be trim fit and fertile in many cases. they read the age next to our photos and then eliminate us for the age first.
Not Me
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Not Me
God Bless you Michael and keep looking because there has to be the right woman here somewhere. theheart rosary
Aug 3rd 2013 new
I found it easy to talk to guys on this site. If something about their profile is interesting to you then write them and ask them a question about it. Show genuine interest in what they like. Don't pretend to, if you think they have a nice smile tell them so. If you really liked one of the questions in their interview, let them know it. If you can relate to them in anyway, tell them so.
I made friends with a guy once because I didn't like what he liked. lol He had a picture of himself skydiving. I wrote him and asked him why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good plane?! I told him I thought his profile was interesting with all the very active pictures of him skiing, climbing mountains, ect .. but I was not a type A personality. Heck, someone has to live and tell about it, right? I'll take pictures.. from the ground. lol We became friends!
From talking to a male friend of mine, many guys think we are untouchable. One person thought I was not his type because I have a degree and he didn't. He was shocked when I started a conversation with him. Education doesn't mean a lot to me in a potential relationship. My father only finished the 8th grade and he was the greatest man I have ever know. :)
Don't be shy, but at the same time, don't push it either. They are just like us, really. We all like to feel important and like it when someone wants to know more about us. Well, most of us do, anyway.
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: I found it easy to talk to guys on this site. If something about their profile is interesting to you then write them and ask them a question about it. Show genuine interest in what they like. Don't pretend to, if you think they have a nice smile tell them so. If you really liked one of the questions in their interview, let them know it. If you can relate to them in anyway, tell them so.
I made friends with a guy once because I didn't like what he liked. lol He had a picture of himself skydiving. I wrote him and asked him why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good plane?! I told him I thought his profile was interesting with all the very active pictures of him skiing, climbing mountains, ect .. but I was not a type A personality. Heck, someone has to live and tell about it, right? I'll take pictures.. from the ground. lol We became friends!
From talking to a male friend of mine, many guys think we are untouchable. One person thought I was not his type because I have a degree and he didn't. He was shocked when I started a conversation with him. Education doesn't mean a lot to me in a potential relationship. My father only finished the 8th grade and he was the greatest man I have ever know. :)
Don't be shy, but at the same time, don't push it either. They are just like us, really. We all like to feel important and like it when someone wants to know more about us. Well, most of us do, anyway.
A very profound statement. I comes down to telling the truth. do not lie in your profile. Though I have read many people asking for this perfect person in every way. I guess all you can do with that type of request is DREAM.
Aug 6th 2013 new
I have been single again since 2007. I got my annulment in 2009. In that time I have learned that dating really is a numbers game. It is alot like sales. In this case you are showcasing yourself. I was in sales for a while and I know for a fact you have to have a bit of a thick skin. You have to be willing to knock on alot of doors and not care if they answer, you have to make alot of calls and not care if they pickup, ya have to know beyond doubt that what you have is the next best thing tsince sliced bread and when you finally talk to someone you have that belief so engrained that you are perfectly fine if they don't see it because you are only offering the best to those who do. You will find some who will hear you out and still say no (hence views but no follow up message). You will have some hear you out and think they found exactly what they need but then do they qualify? I obviously wont qualify to be what everyone needs or wants but neither will they. I knock on alot of doors, i send out lots of emotes, i leave lots of notes, take lots of surveys, comment on lots of forums, get involved in lots of activities, I focus on MY LIFE! When I focus on my life... I'm doing the things I love. When i do the things I love I am surrounded by those that have similar interests, When I am enjoying those things it makes me happy, and makes me fill fullfilled, that in turn give me peace. I surrender to God my hope. He knows me best. He knows who I need to talk to and when. I will say this... often times God puts me in their path for them.... not necessarily for me. So, all these words boil down to, KNOCK, SEEK , PRAY, WATCH FOR DOORS TO OPEN, HAVE FUN IN YOUR OWN LIFE, AND TRUST GOD to cover what you can't. God bless all of you! Praying I really do that you would all find someone fantastic lovestruck! and we could put this company out of business! biggrin laughing tongue
Aug 6th 2013 new
Greetings to all

Having "been there and done that" I humbly submit my observations for your considered opinion. Being in marketing most of my life I fully subscribe to the KISS principal.

As I read each of the entrys in this blog and looked at many more over the past membership times I think if you truly are looking for the Knight in Shining Armore you just might reflect on the following suggestions:

Mystery: Where is it? I see so many Bio's that I find it hard to understand if you are applying to a Convent or a Marriage. If 7/7 is a killer why do you not question why any less is acceptable.. One might not agree with 7/7 but in fact go along with it.

Photos: OK to be honest, and all members are probably guilty of this. The thought of getting up every morning and looking at your mate based on an old photo or one that does not convey your best can be quite scary.

History: If your Bio is so long and so full of details what more is there to talk about? Who at the outset cares what TV or what Music or what exercise you participate in. All of that mumbo jumbo should be discovered in continued one on one dialogue.

Religion: Forget about it. We are here to find a mate, not join the Monks or the Nuns. We, up front are not wanting to know how holy you are. We, first want to know if we are compatable and your faith will come to the surface during personal conversation.

Levity: By all means include some levity in your Bio. Have some fun. Make your Bio something that calls out for further contacts. Make someone want to see "if the Butler did it"

Conditions: Why so many conditions? It is a killer. LDR, Can't/won't move, age, weight, Hair, blah! blah! blah! Discovery is the thrill of a relationship

I rejoined after my Valerie died more as a method of grieving than looking for another mate. At last count I am communicating on a daily basis with 6 beautiful Ladies and have been in contact in some way with a total of 72.

I don't know what the last chapter of my journey will look like but I can assure you that it is no where ready to be written

I hope that in some little way I have offererd some constructive thoughts that will be helpful to all

God love

Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: History: If your Bio is so long and so full of details what more is there to talk about? Who at the outset cares what TV or what Music or what exercise you participate in. All of that mumbo jumbo should be discovered in continued one on one dialogue. 
Well, thats just the opposite for me. I want to see a lot of information on a guy's profile. I want to see his spiritual side, his humor, his intelligence, and what he's made of.
Tell me a lot about yourself but not everything, leave me wanting to know more. Let me know your hobbies, likes, dislikes, what are you passionate about?. I find it really interesting when I share a lot of interests with someone. The sad thing is, when you find someone you do have a lot in common with, sometimes they won't reply back. : boggled

Aug 6th 2013 new
Mary

That is exactly what I said

Discover in One to One dialogue
Posts 71 - 80 of 133