Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Hello!

Apr 19th 2013 new
I am new here, and I am in the process of getting divorced. I am 26 and have 2 small daughters. If you have any questions let me know! I am not a paying member and I think I can only talk for the next day or so. I would love to be a paying member but finances don't allow for it right now. I'm not even sure how I originally found this forum, but I read it and it helps even if I can't respond. My divorce is next week and I am nervous of how it will go.
Apr 20th 2013 new

Welcome, Ashley! Nice to hear from you. How are you and your little daughters doing after all that's happened?

- Lisa Duffy

Apr 20th 2013 new
I am sad and a mess. I didn't want a divorce, but he left for my best friend and is planning a marriage to her already even though we aren't even officially divorced. And I just heard from someone today he is telling people he wanted out since before our FIRST daughter was born. We were married close to 6 years, together for almost 8. I feel like this is a complete lie, or why would you continue growing a family and act happy? Ugh!
Apr 20th 2013 new

Ashely,

I'm SO sorry to hear your news. I know you must be shocked and upset beyond words. Being betrayed by your spouse is such a horrible thing to go through. Please count on my prayers for you and your little girls. Are they old enough to understand what's going on?

- Lisa

Apr 20th 2013 new

Ashley, Are you able to meet with a good Catholic/Christian counselor?

Does your diocese/archdiocese offer some kind of healing/support group for divorced/separated Catholics? Please check with the Family Life office. If not, then many protestant churches offer programs such as Divorce Care. There is also an online daily reflection offered by DivorceCare; I think it is called One Day at a Time. Beginning Experience is a possibility, too. If there is a Rainbows group for children, then check into that for your kids. Explore all resources. Check the NACSDC website, too.

My heart goes out to you at this most painful time. My loving church community helped me immensely by just listening & praying. sad hug Praying weeping theheart

Apr 20th 2013 new
So sorry Ashley. Divorce is hard. Take some time for you and for your children, but get involved in whatever interests you, as you can afford, and know that it's part of God's plan. My kids were younger than yours, and I'm just diving in now. Totally my choice. Seek a good counselor or deacon who can provide you with guidance.
Apr 20th 2013 new
I am part of a divorce group, have found a religious based counseling service and I have a pretty strong support system. My girls are 2.5 and 9 months old. They are very young. I am just praying the divorce hearing goes well and he is required to pay alimony and child support in the amount I need. I don't have a degree, I was a stay at home mom. I am returning to school and just kind of hanging in there. He isn't involved in the girls life for the most part so it's pretty much all on me. It just hurts to think someone you thought was your companion and support, and love, could turn out to be exactly the opposite.
Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Ashley-954445 said: I am part of a divorce group, have found a religious based counseling service and I have a pretty strong support ...
(Quote) Ashley-954445 said: I am part of a divorce group, have found a religious based counseling service and I have a pretty strong support system. My girls are 2.5 and 9 months old. They are very young. I am just praying the divorce hearing goes well and he is required to pay alimony and child support in the amount I need. I don't have a degree, I was a stay at home mom. I am returning to school and just kind of hanging in there. He isn't involved in the girls life for the most part so it's pretty much all on me. It just hurts to think someone you thought was your companion and support, and love, could turn out to be exactly the opposite.
--hide--
w

Ashley, my prayers and thoughts are with you. If you cannot join CM, please feel free to contact me and we can email. My heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers!
Apr 21st 2013 new
I can see I have 2 private messages, but it won't let me read them.
Apr 21st 2013 new

Hi Ashley,

Ben up here in Minnesota. I went through my Divorce somewhere around 2008-09 time frame. While I don't know nor will ever know what its like to have kids....Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart just rips in to when I see new postings by fellow catholics....if you ever want to talk please look me up. I know I live Minnesota but sometimes talking helps to.

take care & God bless,

Ben

Posts 1 - 10 of 20