Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If it is something I think is stupid, then we have a problem. Ex. Bowling. I think it's stupid. S...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If it is something I think is stupid, then we have a problem. Ex. Bowling. I think it's stupid. So if someone were in a league and played 4 nights a week, and spent all weekend attending to waxing his bowling balls, then yes, we have a problem.

I think grownups should have balance in their life and any man who is so into a sport that it interferes with his grown up intimate relationship, then yes, there is going to be a problem.

Most women are not usually that into a sport that it skews their whole life.

If you mean, I like ice skating and he likes golf, and we both regularly do our own sport, and neither is good at the other's sport, that is fine with me.

--hide--
Pat, It sounds like men who hang around alleys and gutters don't bowl you over.

Identifying the main hazard of an intense enthusiasm in playing sports as its interference "with his grown up intimate relationships" was a good way to say it.

John

Apr 21st 2013 new

HA! Hoist with your own petard! mischievous

I get seasick, and I married a man with a sailboat and it was NO BIG DEAL. He did his thing sometimes, and that allowed me to do my thing.

Marriage doesn't mean 100% togetherness, nor 100% identical interests. A little time away is refreshing -- gives you something new to talk about and time to miss each other a little.

Apr 21st 2013 new

You coward, you. laughing

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Your choice are two: to be a Bat Boy or to be a Bad Boy. Just hope she can whip up some good batte...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Your choice are two: to be a Bat Boy or to be a Bad Boy. Just hope she can whip up some good batter.

--hide--

I opt for 3rd base Coach. tongue smile

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: If you read a profile that includes mention that a Catholic-Match member is a regular and enthusia...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

If you read a profile that includes mention that a Catholic-Match member is a regular and enthusiastic participant in a sport you don't play, how do you proceed if everything else seems desirable and welcoming?

Wondering whether punting will lead to the stunting of my grow,

John

--hide--

Participant meaning - an actual player or a fan? I mean, I'm a 49ers fan for example but I won't hold it against a guy if he's not a football player - If I'm understanding your question correctly. Nor will hold against them either if they're not a sports fan either. I hope I understand your question correctly.

But on the other hand, if that (being an enthusiastic participant/fan) was enough reason for them to "disqualify" me then , it's probably not meant to be either.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I would kind of hope that none of the women here o...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I would kind of hope that none of the women here on CM play my sport (hockey). LOL.

Nothing against female hockey players, but the ones I've met are kind of scary.

--hide--

Tom you have a thing against women with missing teeth and faces disfigured by puck hits? laughing laughing laughing laughing

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I would kind of hope that none of the women here o...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I would kind of hope that none of the women here on CM play my sport (hockey). LOL.

Nothing against female hockey players, but the ones I've met are kind of scary.

--hide--
laughing laughing (that i would believe).

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: To this I would say its important to have separate interests, as long as the time commitment doesn&#...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: To this I would say its important to have separate interests, as long as the time commitment doesn't interfere with a relationship.
--hide--
The time apart during recreation hours was the main thing I was thinking about. If she does good things with her thyme though, she could make up for some of her deficiencies.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: FULL SPEED AHEAD. My late husband could not swim,I couldn't play football(s...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

FULL SPEED AHEAD.

My late husband could not swim,I couldn't play football(soccer).We both supported each other in the different sports we did.This included going to training,games.We did other sports together like tennis.walking .running as well as board games and .

--hide--
It sounds like he waited by wading, but if a woman swam too long, I yell at her, "Wade a minute!!!" or is it "Wait a minute!!!"? I'm confused now. Probably water on the brain. laughing

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I wouldn't exclude someone based on their love of and practice of a sport I don't play. ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I wouldn't exclude someone based on their love of and practice of a sport I don't play. I'd try to learn about it, support them when possible and figure out something else to do if need be. I played sports and danced until my twenties. Pete and I both shared a love of baseball/softball although instead of ourselves playing our kiddos played and we watched them. And, believe me with three girls playing softball we practically lived at the ball field from February through July. Josh was a soccer player and a cross country runner primarily. I have friends who golf A LOT! I had a set of clubs but never learned to play, but I might pick it up, good exercise. I do like to bowl for fun or competition.

--hide--
Thanks for relating how you fit sports into your family's life. Hope you're able to sport a new man soon.

Posts 21 - 30 of 37