Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Jerry - I have several local ladyfriends from their 20s-to-70s. No local Love Connection th...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Jerry - I have several local ladyfriends from their 20s-to-70s. No local Love Connection though.

3 years ago, as a Contractor, I had strong friendships w/ 2 women both 38-years younger. The friendships developed from working w/ them.

--hide--

I don't think of age as much as I think of who-the-person-is-inside when I think about romantic compatibility. As people get to know each other, their personalities need to mesh right - both sides need to feel that romantic pull when they are together. I have male friends of all ages, but most of them I'd never date romantically, and they feel the same way about me.

I set a male co-worker up with one of my girlfriends when he needed a date for a formal business dinner/dance (retirement party.) They had a 12 year age gap, and they've been married about 20 years now. rose

Apr 20th 2013 new

someone from here tried to set me up with someone they thought was good for me but no match...

note matchmaker matchmaker make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch, oh matchmaker matchmaker, find me a match, oh find me a perfect match note

ok thanks for indulging me embarassed rolling eyes ashamed rose rose rose wink

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: someone from here tried to set me up with someone they thought was good for me but no match......
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

someone from here tried to set me up with someone they thought was good for me but no match...

matchmaker matchmaker make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch, oh matchmaker matchmaker, find me a match, oh find me a perfect match

ok thanks for indulging me

--hide--
Jane that is cute! I'm going to go on record once again. It IS okay to bring up "matchmaker" dates in which YOU were involved. If they were funny great. If they were disastrous and you still want to share...great.
I should have opened the thread that way....with everyone wanting to share what it was like to be on the "receiving end" but thought a thread like that had been done. Whatever....let's hear them gang!

Apr 20th 2013 new

Thanks Jerry, but it is from the play/movie Fiddler on the Roof. faint lovestruck! Blinded by love

Apr 20th 2013 new
wave Hi Jerry! hug

I've been pretty good at it for awhile. I introduced my best friend from high school to my best friend from college while we were in college. I thought they'd be perfect for each other, but nothing happened. Then two years later they started dating. They've been together ever since and have been married for seventeen years in September. They owe me. wink

I always thought my CM friends Chris and Denise would be good together. When the three of us met at CM St. Louis I thought they looked perfect next to each other at dinner the first night. About a month later Christ wrote Denise, and the rest is CM history. They have been married for three years come July. They have two daughters, the eldest is my goddaughter. heart
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Thanks Jerry, but it is from the play/movie Fiddler on the Roof.
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Thanks Jerry, but it is from the play/movie Fiddler on the Roof.

--hide--
Gosh....I don't know why I didn't recognize that from the movie because I HAVE seen it. I must be getting old!sad
"If I were a rich man"......

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Jerry! I've been pretty good at it for awhile. I introduced my best friend from high school...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Jerry!

I've been pretty good at it for awhile. I introduced my best friend from high school to my best friend from college while we were in college. I thought they'd be perfect for each other, but nothing happened. Then two years later they started dating. They've been together ever since and have been married for seventeen years in September. They owe me.

I always thought my CM friends Chris and Denise would be good together. When the three of us met at CM St. Louis I thought they looked perfect next to each other at dinner the first night. About a month later Christ wrote Denise, and the rest is CM history. They have been married for three years come July. They have two daughters, the eldest is my goddaughter.
--hide--
Hi Miss Dawn! How are you? Yes it sounds as though you are an "old pro" at it. Don't worry....your time is coming. In God's time......right? It was great to see you at those events!

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Jerry! I've been pretty good at it for awhile. I introd...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: Hi Jerry!

I've been pretty good at it for awhile. I introduced my best friend from high school to my best friend from college while we were in college. I thought they'd be perfect for each other, but nothing happened. Then two years later they started dating. They've been together ever since and have been married for seventeen years in September. They owe me.

I always thought my CM friends Chris and Denise would be good together. When the three of us met at CM St. Louis I thought they looked perfect next to each other at dinner the first night. About a month later Christ wrote Denise, and the rest is CM history. They have been married for three years come July. They have two daughters, the eldest is my goddaughter.

Hi Miss Dawn! How are you? Yes it sounds as though you are an "old pro" at it. Don't worry....your time is coming. In God's time......right? It was great to see you at those events!

--hide--
It WAS great to meet you and spend time with you at those events. hughughug I hope we get to see you again. You are just the gentleman that I imagined. And I appreciate the tender support you gave me (continue to give) the last time I saw you. We are blessed to have you be a part of our group. Of course, you know that if any of ladies HAVE to come to TEXAS to find you... you are in big TRRRROUUUUBLLEEE. gangster But I don't think that it's going to come to that, right? wink
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It WAS great to meet you and spend time with you at those events. I hope we get to see you again. You are ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It WAS great to meet you and spend time with you at those events. I hope we get to see you again. You are just the gentleman that I imagined. And I appreciate the tender support you gave me (continue to give) the last time I saw you. We are blessed to have you be a part of our group. Of course, you know that if any of ladies HAVE to come to TEXAS to find you... you are in big TRRRROUUUUBLLEEE. But I don't think that it's going to come to that, right?
--hide--
Awww....you are sweet! And I DO (no pun intended) remember those REAL LIFE hugs you give. I don't know who gives the best hugs....YOU or Mary from Carmel....but both were great! I was asked by several if the hugs hurt (because of the back issues I had at that time) and I said, "You kidding!? Who cares?!"

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Awww....you are sweet! And I DO (no pun intended) remember those REAL LIFE hugs you give. I don&#...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Awww....you are sweet! And I DO (no pun intended) remember those REAL LIFE hugs you give. I don't know who gives the best hugs....YOU or Mary from Carmel....but both were great! I was asked by several if the hugs hurt (because of the back issues I had at that time) and I said, "You kidding!? Who cares?!"

--hide--
Darn! I forgot.....hug hug hug hug

Posts 11 - 20 of 73