Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 20th 2013 new

Okay. I was once going out with my wife and she had a friend...and so did I. Her friend was very nice and was easy to get along with.
My friend...(the guy) I had known for a LONG time. But never knew him to act the way he did on our double date. Here my wife and I were married and these two had NEVER married. He was acting so "out-of-the-ordinary" I said "Are you already drunk...or are you just "acting a fool?"
He said, "No I'm not" Well, "A" the girl liked him! She thought he was funny as heck! They went together for awhile...(for how long I don't remember) and then later married and had two kids! Anyway, his immaturity finally got to her (at least what I thought to be the case) and they divorced. Neither...to my knowledge re-married~

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It WAS great to meet you and spend time with you at those events. I hope we get to see you again. You are ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It WAS great to meet you and spend time with you at those events. I hope we get to see you again. You are just the gentleman that I imagined. And I appreciate the tender support you gave me (continue to give) the last time I saw you. We are blessed to have you be a part of our group. Of course, you know that if any of ladies HAVE to come to TEXAS to find you... you are in big TRRRROUUUUBLLEEE. But I don't think that it's going to come to that, right?
--hide--
No....it won't come to that....in answer to the last part!duck

Apr 20th 2013 new

Engaging topic Jerry.

This is not exactly matchmaking, but a recent coffee f2f conversation resulted in a good Catholic man realizing his heart was still with the woman he had divorced 2 years prior. I knew before meeting him he wasn't really available, so I wasn't disappointed in the outcome. We had enjoyed many conversations on-line and both enjoyed meeting and sharing real time. I pray they reaffirm their vows and continue in life together.

Apr 20th 2013 new

Denise very nearly wrote him off, too, didn't she?

Apr 20th 2013 new

Hmmm. May I act as a matchmaker and tell you two to get a room? scratchchin

I expect a full report in four weeks.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: Engaging topic Jerry. This is not exactly matchmaking, but a recent coffee f2f convers...
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

Engaging topic Jerry.

This is not exactly matchmaking, but a recent coffee f2f conversation resulted in a good Catholic man realizing his heart was still with the woman he had divorced 2 years prior. I knew before meeting him he wasn't really available, so I wasn't disappointed in the outcome. We had enjoyed many conversations on-line and both enjoyed meeting and sharing real time. I pray they reaffirm their vows and continue in life together.

--hide--
Well.....sorry it didn't turn out so well for you Joyce...but one has to be pulling for a couple like that. Although it does make one wonder why they split in the first place.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Awww....you are sweet! And I DO (no pun intended) rem...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Jerry-730726 said:

Awww....you are sweet! And I DO (no pun intended) remember those REAL LIFE hugs you give. I don't know who gives the best hugs....YOU or Mary from Carmel....but both were great! I was asked by several if the hugs hurt (because of the back issues I had at that time) and I said, "You kidding!? Who cares?!"

Darn! I forgot.....

--hide--
Can't forget the hugs! hughughug I'm in very good company if my hugs rank with Princess Mary of the Northside. heart
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Denise very nearly wrote him off, too, didn't she?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Denise very nearly wrote him off, too, didn't she?

--hide--

Marge, I think it was a case of Chris being so shy that he didn't quite know what to do with the fora ladies who were interested in him. Women like Denise and I only have patience so long for shyness. My sistatwin and I are both very extroverted and not shy about meeting people. But once Chris met her, I don't think he could let her go without giving it a shot. As best I know, it was a straight shot from then on. They have such a great relationship, truly best friends and partners. Oh, and Chris isn't nearly as shy as he used to be. He's a good man for my sistatwin.
Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Hmmm. May I act as a matchmaker and tell you two to get a room? I expect a full report in four weeks....
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Hmmm. May I act as a matchmaker and tell you two to get a room?

I expect a full report in four weeks.

--hide--

eyepopping laughing Marge, I'm pretty sure that I fall in the category of little sister for Jerry. We've been buds for awhile. He's currently vetting any and all of my suitors. wink
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Can't forget the hugs! I'm in very good company if my hugs rank with Princess Mary of the Northsid...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Can't forget the hugs! I'm in very good company if my hugs rank with Princess Mary of the Northside.
--hide--
Hard to tell the difference Dawn. Princess Marys' are preeettty good!!

Posts 21 - 30 of 73