Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: (This is where I put in a plug for folks to ATTEND CM GATHERINGS and actually MEET people IRL!) <...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

(This is where I put in a plug for folks to ATTEND CM GATHERINGS and actually MEET people IRL!)

--hide--

hyper We need more Midwest men to come to our gatherings!!! biggrin I would love for the men to out number the women. faint scratchchin Just think of all the male hugs I would get... and I'd hug em all at least, AT LEAST, twice! wink
Apr 20th 2013 new

When I was 19 or 20 I worked with a guy (think his name was Bud) who called me one evening and said, "Hey...I've been out with this girl a couple of times and we want to "double-date" with you and this other girl....that she knows" I said: "Oh cool. Well what's her name and will you have called her...or are you giving me her number now?" He indicated he'd get his NEW friend to let her know I would be calling. I think he called me back the very next evening. I called her and she accepted. We all went to the "drive-in" movie theater. (something I wouldn't dream of for a first date now) I thought the date went well...but the next day at work....HIS new friend called ME and wanted to go out! I did not do so until I talked to him. He said, "Well....we haven't had but a couple (of dates) so I really don't care...that is....if you don't mind me asking YOURS out! I thought, "Wow,....how weird?" So I dated the one he originally was with for awhile and vice-versa. Nothing ever really became of it because he re-enlisted in the Army and I wanted to date other people anyway. But that was the strangest run of events!

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: We need more Midwest men to come to our gatherings!!! I would love for the men to out number the w...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

We need more Midwest men to come to our gatherings!!! I would love for the men to out number the women. Just think of all the male hugs I would get... and I'd hug em all at least, AT LEAST, twice!
--hide--
Yeah....if they only knew how nice the "midwest ladies" are! And the hugs are from it seemed everyone...not just you and Mary! I'm glad....even if in a small way, I'm part of the Indy group

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well.....sorry it didn't turn out so well for you Joyce...but one has to be pulling for a cou...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well.....sorry it didn't turn out so well for you Joyce...but one has to be pulling for a couple like that. Although it does make one wonder why they split in the first place.

--hide--

Jerry, there is much more to the story, which is why I wasn't the least bit disappointed and sincerely pray these two people will find their way back to each other.. I think it worked out wonderfully for me, a feel good moment. I have no regrets.

Apr 21st 2013 new

We used to have a lady who had been on line and she would play match maker. I know she had a more then a few suggessful marrages her on Cm. I truly agree that going to the gatherings or planning local gatherings are one of the best ways to find someone. I also believe in the forums as two of my friends are happily married meet on the forums.

Apr 21st 2013 new

I hope one of you will send me your rejects. crossfingers

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: Jerry, there is much more to the story, which is why I wasn't the least bit disa...
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

Jerry, there is much more to the story, which is why I wasn't the least bit disappointed and sincerely pray these two people will find their way back to each other.. I think it worked out wonderfully for me, a feel good moment. I have no regrets.

--hide--
Joyce, I'm glad you have that to report. You seem to have a good, upbeat attitude about it all. If only everyone could be like you!
Funny how God is there and seems to "arrange" things a certain way himself!

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Joyce, I'm glad you have that to report. You seem to have a good, upbeat attitude about it al...

Joyce, I'm glad you have that to report. You seem to have a good, upbeat attitude about it all. If only everyone could be like you!
Funny how God is there and seems to "arrange" things a certain way himself!

--hide--
A friend of mine whom I worked with....informed me (age 21 now) "J" who would be my wife later had a "crush" on me and would go out with me. So he didn't really"matchmake" but placed the "bug" in my ear. For awhile I would talk to her...when I was on the floor of the building we both worked in. So I knew who she was and had my eye on her for a little while. The problem was...a girl who worked on the same floor was another oneI liked too. And the day I went up to ask "J" out....the other girl was RIGHT THERE as well. Now I'm not gonna say I played "eeny meeny miny mo" but it sure came to mind. Instead, since I had not spoken to the other one yet...decided to pull "J" aside and ask her out. The rest is history...as they say...Course my life was turned upside down a few years ago...but I'm not sorry I married her because I wouldn't have the boys~

Apr 21st 2013 new
DICING ONIONS

When I was married, we had a friend who was just a sweetheart, he always came early to help if we were having people for dinner, and usually wound up dicing onions or other last minute things... he would laugh and say that we had him come when we ran out of diced onion in the freezer.

A coworker of my exhusband was having a big party for a friends retirement, she asked a few people to come and help cook. My ex brrought our onion dicing friend... he diced, washed pots and pans.... They have been married over 25 years now.
Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Gosh....I don't know why I didn't recognize that from the movie because I HAVE seen it. I...

Gosh....I don't know why I didn't recognize that from the movie because I HAVE seen it. I must be getting old!
"If I were a rich man"......

--hide--
Ha ha Jerry you're not getting old! And what's wrong with that anyway, much wisdom in age I say.

But as you were singing...I could see you wearing a coined belt and holding those fingerbells singing this song! Am I right?!?!? laughing laughing

Posts 31 - 40 of 73