Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-291280 said: DICING ONIONS When I was married, we had a friend who was just a sweetheart, he always came ear...
(Quote) Monica-291280 said: DICING ONIONS

When I was married, we had a friend who was just a sweetheart, he always came early to help if we were having people for dinner, and usually wound up dicing onions or other last minute things... he would laugh and say that we had him come when we ran out of diced onion in the freezer.

A coworker of my exhusband was having a big party for a friends retirement, she asked a few people to come and help cook. My ex brrought our onion dicing friend... he diced, washed pots and pans.... They have been married over 25 years now.
--hide--
Monica, that is a good one What a nice guy! See, "A Few Good Men" doesn't just apply to a movie title~

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Ha ha Jerry you're not getting old! And what's wrong with that anyway, much wisdom in age ...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Ha ha Jerry you're not getting old! And what's wrong with that anyway, much wisdom in age I say.

But as you were singing...I could see you wearing a coined belt and holding those fingerbells singing this song! Am I right?!?!?

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing Yeah....something like that! shocked

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: <snip>...but the next day at work....HIS new friend called ME and wanted to go out! I did n...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

<snip>...but the next day at work....HIS new friend called ME and wanted to go out! I did not do so until I talked to him. He said, "Well....we haven't had but a couple (of dates) so I really don't care...that is....if you don't mind me asking YOURS out! I thought, "Wow,....how weird?" So I dated the one he originally was with for awhile and vice-versa.

--hide--

My Mom & Dad met while Mom was on a date with another man. Dad was their ride. The other guy never made it past that date. smile

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: My Mom & Dad met while Mom was on a date with another man. Dad was their ride. The ot...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

My Mom & Dad met while Mom was on a date with another man. Dad was their ride. The other guy never made it past that date.

--hide--
Hey John! How are you bro'? That IS a good one....and happens more often than one might think~

Apr 21st 2013 new
Reminds me of my aunt and uncle, who are now reunited in heaven after 60 years together here. Aunt Berta met Uncle Bill when she went with a date to the restaurant he worked at. The way he tells the story, she picked that restaurant because his cousins were friends of hers, and they told her to go ,look him over and see if she would be interested. I guess she was!
Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Monica-291280 said: DICING ONIONS When I was married, we had a friend who was just a sweetheart, he always came early...
(Quote) Monica-291280 said: DICING ONIONS

When I was married, we had a friend who was just a sweetheart, he always came early to help if we were having people for dinner, and usually wound up dicing onions or other last minute things... he would laugh and say that we had him come when we ran out of diced onion in the freezer.

A coworker of my exhusband was having a big party for a friends retirement, she asked a few people to come and help cook. My ex brrought our onion dicing friend... he diced, washed pots and pans.... They have been married over 25 years now.
--hide--

wave Hi Monica! (Now why doesn't that kind of thing happen to you and I?)
Apr 22nd 2013 new

Here's one where someone fixed me up:

My room mate's girlfriend set me up with a lady. We did not "double-date" (though that may have made it easier) The lady I went out with did not like the place I recommended to meet at for coffee.... and called me at the last minute to change it to a location closer to her. (okay so far) When I met her at the door of this coffee shop...I was amazed her voice sounded more masculine in person than on the phone. (oh well) So we sat down...and her demeanor changed somewhat. Her manner took on a "good cop turned bad cop" tone. I felt like I was being interrogated! Oops! Anyway....it didn't turn out so well...but I was pleasant in our "goodbyes" When I got home I was greeted by Jim who said, "Well, how'd it go?" I said, "Weeeelllll......don't do me any more favors" He laughed. I just "wrote it off" to being part of the dating process! laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: My Mom & Dad met while Mom was on a date with another man. Dad was their ride. The ot...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

My Mom & Dad met while Mom was on a date with another man. Dad was their ride. The other guy never made it past that date.

--hide--

laughing laughing Thanks be to God, right?

My dad was dating my mom's roomate...and one day he stopped by to pick her up for a date and my mom informed him "oh, she eloped with your housemate." My dad was like, "oh...okay," and mom said "so are you going to ask me out?" and the rest is history.

I have never set anyone up physically, but spritually, I've actually had pretty good sucess. Me and St. Joseph/St. Raphel/St. Gerard are a pretty implacable team! Praying

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Thanks for posting Naomi!

My older sister had a couple of dates with a guy whom she met on a "blind date" He was going to school at the Air Force Academy. From what I recall it was a big event. However, she called him while he was in Colorado Springs. And he indicated he would be able to come because he was off that weekend. But, at the last minute he cancelled. So she asked a gentleman from work to go and he readily accepted. The story is: The first day he met her at work...he went home to his roommates that evening and said, "Guys I just met the girl I'm going to marry" Little did "J" my sister know...he was just about to ask her out...so it worked perfectly for him. They have now been married 47 years! And my brother-in-law has always been like the older brother I never had!

Apr 22nd 2013 new
should we go out and buy 10 lbs of onions... just to be prepared?
Posts 41 - 50 of 73