Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 25th 2013 new
[quote]Jerry-730726 said:

because you felt like I have definitely try to. I met a nice girl on Catholic match but she wasn't really interested me and it was mutual. At the time I was in a Catholic youth group that was mostly guys and I wanted her to go to one of those meetings because there was a particular guy I thought she and he would be a good match but alas it never worked out. As the song says "it ain't easy being a pimp" That last part is a joke.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-516957 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: because you felt like I have definitely try to. I met a...
(Quote) Andy-516957 said: [quote]Jerry-730726 said:

because you felt like I have definitely try to. I met a nice girl on Catholic match but she wasn't really interested me and it was mutual. At the time I was in a Catholic youth group that was mostly guys and I wanted her to go to one of those meetings because there was a particular guy I thought she and he would be a good match but alas it never worked out. As the song says "it ain't easy being a pimp" That last part is a joke.

--hide--
Andy thanks for posting and welcome! I think I understand the first part. Are you referring to my first post? (where I set up the lady I knew from business with my best friend?)

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Here is one which did not turn out so well involving another good friend.When I WAS singl...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Here is one which did not turn out so well involving another good friend.

When I WAS single....perhaps 21 I went out with a young lady who I worked at the same place with....but on another floor. (my ex-wife worked on another floor as well...and I had my eye on her to go out with)
This lady was nice-enough....but somehow things just didn't "click" So my friend "C" was not seeing anyone and I set him up. Their date went well enough and they became exclusive. He married her within a year.
That proved to be disastrous. Oops! It was 40 years ago....and this same friend has not re-married. And, he still teases me about "messing up his life"!
Oh well.....

--hide--

another idea for a new thread. why is it that some people choose to not remarry and others do. I have played matchmaker on CM a few times. The two never met but instead the fella met me. that wasn't supposed to happen. Sometimes playing matchmaker can make others more aware of you!

Posts 71 - 73 of 73