Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Vic-745458 said: I'd rather think you are "surrendering," rather than "giving up," w...
(Quote) Vic-745458 said:

I'd rather think you are "surrendering," rather than "giving up," which, although similar, are two very different things. The former often simply entails getting ourselves out of the way, so His will may finally be fulfilled, whereas the latter quite frequently results is doubts and regrets.

May God bless you on whatever path you you find yourself.

--hide--

Oh, I like that one, Vic! I'm still crying, though. sad Chelle

Apr 21st 2013 new

Best of luck and God's blessings to you always, Patricia ...

Apr 21st 2013 new

Bye bye Sherry Darling....you will be missed. Please don't go....../)/)/)

m.youtube.com

Apr 21st 2013 new

Keeping you in prayer Pat. It is so very sad, numerous people wanting to share their life with another in the sacrament of marriage and no success. As you said, all one can do is surrender to our God. Heaven will be a different place...total fulfillment, joy and peace...looking forward to this.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: i for one don't want to you to go. food for thought two ladies on here, older than you are ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

i for one don't want to you to go. food for thought two ladies on here, older than you are getting ready to marry. neither married before nor their men and both thought theyd never be planning their weddings or ordering their wedding gowns. WITH GOD ALL things ARE POSSIBLE. key word in your posting: surrender. hardest part of all. i know, and ive been here longer than you. one day at a time one step at a ime one prayer at a time. xoxo.

--hide--

Can you list the "older" CM ladies and the ages of them and their husbands-to-be?

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Seek your vocation to marriage heroically--it is your path of love, your way of salvation. And because it is...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Seek your vocation to marriage heroically--it is your path of love, your way of salvation. And because it is the way of love, it is really all that matters.
--hide--

Oh Pat sad

I'm very sorry to see you go. I've been subscribed for just a few months, but here on the forums, some people speak with such wisdom and truth that they immediately stand out. You were one of those people. God bless you and keep you, and I look forward to reading books, blogs, articles or SOMETHING from you in the future!

Apr 21st 2013 new

I am shocked. I go on retreat and I cpme back to so much having happened in a short space of time. First I missed your birthday so Happy Belated Birthday Pat. Happy Birthday! present party

You are truly an inspiring and amazing woman and gorgeous to boot. It is simply mind boggling that you are single and this may be indicative of a bigger problem with committment in Catholic males than we were aware of. Quite simply shocking is the only thing that I can say and downright shameful.

Per your leaving here, you will be sorely missed by myself and many others. This is a HUGE loss for CM as you have often been the voice of reason and wisdom in these fora. Your impact has been felt by many and you have touched and changed many lives including mine. Thanks for always being willing to listen, help and advise. IMO CM should be trying to convince you to stay here and give you and honorary membership. I however respect your decision but selfishly hope that you may one day change your mind.

Per your feeling like you have not done much I will share something that Fr. Marty just shared with me today to share with someone else that I care about who is feeling like they have not accomplished as much as they would have liked to. It is a paraphrased quote from St. Josemaria.

It is often easy for us when looking back or examining our lives to see the failures and shortcomings and to even see many zeros in the scoring column. However when we notice God in front of us and recognize Him as the one (1) that we and therefore our deeds (zeros) follow and the one (1) who has led us precisely down that path, what a big number it now makes.

St Joemaria Escriva.

Good luck wonderful Pat and I do hope that you do stay in touch. We need to know how each other's story ends. hug hug hug

Apr 21st 2013 new

Just like many others, I'm sorry to see you go and will miss your kind and wise insights here and in the ladies' forum. Best of luck with everything and good for you for doing what feels right for yourself, your life and your peace of mind.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: Go get her before it is too late!!!!
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Go get her before it is too late!!!!

--hide--

My point exactly. What are you waiting for???? boggled

Apr 21st 2013 new

Pat, like the others I am so sorry to see you go. Thank you so much for letting us know and not just disappearing. YOu are certainly welcome to change your mind and stay. I would also like to give you an open invitation to come back at any time, when you are ready. IN the meantime, blessings to you on your journey. Peace be with you my friend.

Posts 51 - 60 of 99