Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new
Hello Patricia,

I soooooooo relate to your post. I turned 55 last year and have now focused on volunteering and learning and where ever He leads me. I feel your brokenness, every day. It has worn me out as well it isn't fun it I believe gets to the point where it is downright unhealthy. I have written numerous posts about older guys looking for younger women because I feel it is an issue that puts bright, beautiful women in their 50's and up at a huge disadvantage.

Most of the mail I get is from age 68 and upwards. When I first came on sites like this I was around 41, same thing men over 55 always messaged me, they think love is a cafeteria where you select what you would like and throw away the rest!!! Sorry for the harshness but I have lived it and many other women have as well.

I have spent 24 years raising my son alone and don't want to have to take care of someone right now I want to have some relaxation and fun , I don't want to be a nurse right now!!!!! I have spent alot of money on sites, catholic events, catholic singles groups, even started with 2 other singles....it failed. Tried later with a second failure....same thing. I believe that singles are the most FORGOTTEN part of the church, and it is very sad there isn't any more support for the ministry. In every church I have been too, there are ministries for everyone except singles, I believe it is because they are not supported.

My heart is sad for you and all the beautiful, gifted talented women out there overlooked because somewhere someone decided that vanity is more important than true love.

I haven't given up, and I hope you don't as well, I have turned it completely 110% over to the Lord, He will never let you down.

Blessings to you

Debbie

Apr 21st 2013 new

Hello Patricia,

We don't know each other, but I wanted to say how moving your post was. I hope you're still able to read the replies; I'd like to say two things:

1) It sounds as though, far from having "contributed nothing to society," you've actually been a model of faithful searching after God's will. This leads me to my second point:

2) You write, "None of you want to be me one day." I disagree. I hope I can say, at any age, that I have spent my life trying, with a sincere and open heart, to discern and live my vocation. You've most certainly done so "heroically," and I wanted to thank you for sharing your story with everyone else.

I often repeat to myself what Bl. Teresa of Calcutta said: "God has not called me to be successful; He has called me to be faithful." It's very rare that any of us can see the fruit of the good work we've done in our brief time on earth.

May God richly bless you, especially at what sounds like a time of great disappointment,
Jason

Apr 21st 2013 new

Forgot to mention am too letting my CM membership expire in a few months. My prayers for you and all other single women who aren't 25!!!!!!!!

Debbie

Apr 21st 2013 new

sad Don't know what to say, Pat. You've been a blessing to me and to countless others, and it makes me feel sad and low to hear you are leaving. hug and prayers for you always. theheart

Apr 21st 2013 new

a

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Her book is called "The Exclamation."
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Her book is called "The Exclamation."

--hide--

awesome book you all should get it. i heard during a CM land trip.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jason-818994 said: Hello Patricia,We don't know each other, but I wanted to say how moving your post was...
(Quote) Jason-818994 said:

Hello Patricia,

We don't know each other, but I wanted to say how moving your post was. I hope you're still able to read the replies; I'd like to say two things:

1) It sounds as though, far from having "contributed nothing to society," you've actually been a model of faithful searching after God's will. This leads me to my second point:

2) You write, "None of you want to be me one day." I disagree. I hope I can say, at any age, that I have spent my life trying, with a sincere and open heart, to discern and live my vocation. You've most certainly done so "heroically," and I wanted to thank you for sharing your story with everyone else.

I often repeat to myself what Bl. Teresa of Calcutta said: "God has not called me to be successful; He has called me to be faithful." It's very rare that any of us can see the fruit of the good work we've done in our brief time on earth.

May God richly bless you, especially at what sounds like a time of great disappointment,
Jason

--hide--

yeah what he said!!!!

Apr 21st 2013 new

Pat,

I know that making a move like this can be frustrating and difficult, but I find that there is great peace in surrendering yourself to God as you are doing. I sometimes find myself frustrated when I can't understand God's plan but always, ALWAYS, I find that he put me there for a reason. I know that you are the same.

I give you my peace and my prayers and I wish that you may continue to know great hope for the future. That's right: hope. To quote Ephesians, "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people..." (Ephesians 1:18 NIV emphasis mine)

You are meant for great and wonderful things. I pray that you continue the next chapter of your life with joy and that you are open to the magnificent gifts God has in store for you.

God Bless and God Speed,

Katie

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: I think you future husband lives in Ireland with a pot of Gold. m.youtube.com.
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

I think you future husband lives in Ireland with a pot of Gold. m.youtube.com
--hide--

a woman from here met her husband on here from Ireland. Chicago. she es the CM Chicago Ireland and Rome trips.

Apr 21st 2013 new

Pat,

In reading your message, I can sense the heartbreak and pain you feel. I think many of us here feel the same sense of hopelessness that you've voiced. I have to say that though this site hasn't provide a match for you, I can tell you have much to offer a spouse and pray that God brings you and him together...wherever he is right now. People need people, and I pray that you will find someone who can provide the spouse-ly human interaction you need.

We will be worse for your not being here.

I agree with your statement that we unmarried (and divorced/pending annulled) people are forgotten by the Church. There is not much worse than to have nowhere to turn for love and for meeting people in the same situation. The Church does a very good job providing ways for families to meet and build faith/community, but it is so plain to any honest observer that the problem of loneliness faced by single people within the Church is not being addressed by the Church. We can go to mass, we can do things at Church, but at the end of the day married people go back to their families while the rest of us return to nothingness. Something needs to be done about this. Is this on Rome's radar screen?

So I will pray for you, and say that I am so sorry for your pain and pray that you will find that special person who will fill your remaining (hopefully many, and happy) Earthly years with happiness.

Hugs, and Peace,

Michael

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: i for one don't want to you to go. food for thought two ladies on here, older than you are ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

i for one don't want to you to go. food for thought two ladies on here, older than you are getting ready to marry. neither married before nor their men and both thought theyd never be planning their weddings or ordering their wedding gowns. WITH GOD ALL things ARE POSSIBLE. key word in your posting: surrender. hardest part of all. i know, and ive been here longer than you. one day at a time one step at a ime one prayer at a time. xoxo.

--hide--

Jacqueline,

Thank you for those very wise, inspiring and loving words to Pat. Your words really touched me. hug

Posts 61 - 70 of 99